Baja Designs S2 Sport flush mounts for reverse/rear lighting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got my Evil Offroad Banshee rear bumper in that has cutouts in it for the Baja Designs S2 lights. I've got Squadron Sport lights on the front bumper, figured I'd just get the S2 Sport in the rear to match. I would like to use them for reverse/area lighting since they will be on the back, thinking the Work/Scene flush mount would be the best choice and then pick up the reverse light kit harness for it. Thoughts?

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Went ahead and ordered the S2 Sport black flush mount lights in white with the work/scene pattern along with the reverse wiring kit. Figured it would probably make the most sense to go work/scene pattern since they are going to be used for short distance rear/reverse lighting.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will eventually get some S2 or S1 for my backup assist someday. My windows are so dark that I need to roll down my window when backing up sometimes to see in the dark. I think a little extra light would help. I will be going with some work/scene pattern when I do.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will eventually get some S2 or S1 for my backup assist someday. My windows are so dark that I need to roll down my window when backing up sometimes to see in the dark. I think a little extra light would help. I will be going with some work/scene pattern when I do.

Yea, I'm the same way. Currently I have a VLED's license plate LED bar with some very bright reverse lights in the tail lights and it works pretty good, but I will be losing the license plate LED bar when I swap bumpers. I wasn't planning on doing bumper mounted lights, but the Evil Offroad Banshee bumper comes with cutouts specifically for the S2's. I just assumed the work/scene pattern would be the best bet for them since it's short distance and very wide angle.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I'm the same way. Currently I have a VLED's license plate LED bar with some very bright reverse lights in the tail lights and it works pretty good, but I will be losing the license plate LED bar when I swap bumpers. I wasn't planning on doing bumper mounted lights, but the Evil Offroad Banshee bumper comes with cutouts specifically for the S2's. I just assumed the work/scene pattern would be the best bet for them since it's short distance and very wide angle.
Gotcha. Yes i think the work scene will put the light closer to the truck and with wider pattern.
And you can't go wrong with Baja Designs stuff. My opinion its the best lights made. Im a BD *****!

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha. Yes i think the work scene will put the light closer to the truck and with wider pattern.
And you can't go wrong with Baja Designs stuff. My opinion its the best lights made. Im a BD *****!

Yea, I have their Squadron Sports in both amber wide cornering and white driving/combo on the front and it's insane how bright they are, plus the quality of the build is awesome. For the size of the lights they also put out way more light than others. Most people don't understand why their lights are expensive, but it's also because they don't leak water and **** out after 3 months.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I have their Squadron Sports in both amber wide cornering and white driving/combo on the front and it's insane how bright they are, plus the quality of the build is awesome. For the size of the lights they also put out way more light than others. Most people don't understand why their lights are expensive, but it's also because they don't leak water and **** out after 3 months.
Exactly. Their quality is top notch and they bright as ****. I tell everyone if you want the best you get BD.
Between my truck and jeep I have LP9s, Squadron Pros, S2s, Onx6+, and XL80s.

Attachments

• 20210701_152524.jpg
    20210701_152524.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For anyone wondering I ended up using these on the Evil Offroad rear bumper. The bumper ends up mounting the lights on the inside of it to protect them, so you actually don't use the outside cover part. I choose to use the work/scene lenses in clear to get the best short distance lighting behind the truck for reversing. They're hooked into the reverse circuit, but are also wired to upfitter switch 4 so that they can be turned on any time. Definitely glad I went with them since I could no longer use my license plate LED bar.