GEN 2 Baja Designs S2 back up lights install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jck

Reaction score
Finally installed some backup lighting

Bought the pro fog pocket kits and swapped out the S2 sports for pros and put the sports out back. Wired with a relay so I can turn them on with upfitter 5 or when I shift into reverse. Camping, fishing, etc. I can light up what I need to without putting it in reverse.
Could not be happier with the quality of the lights.

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 184

Intricate

Reaction score
Not if you follow all the other directions in the PUTCO instructions (e.g. cutting the red wire in their harness and adding the jumper under the dash for power).

I've had mine this way since the spring with no issues at all.

Tell me more. I added the harness to run my rear chase lights and now have a trailer connected. Trying to find info on this is hard to come by.

KIMCH3333

Reaction score
yes. A butt connector can be used for a 3 way splice, if done correctly- and I believe how i spice it is the best way to achieve that.

Which size butt connector did you use for the 3-way splice? Guessing the 1.5-2.5mm gauge (BMW part no. 61138353748) as you wrote typical on your video but wanted to be sure

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple questions

Does anyone make a harness for the Baja s2 back light up kit to go to the uplifter switch or do I just make my own which shouldn’t be hard ?i don’t want them wired to my reverse lights.

Also what’s the lumens per light?

I really like these because there pretty small and looks like they kinda blend in to the rear bumper.is there a reason more people aren’t using these ?

https://www.rigidindustries.com/ignite-backup-kit-bu-ignite.html

Thanks !

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple questions

Does anyone make a harness for the Baja s2 back light up kit to go to the uplifter switch or do I just make my own which shouldn’t be hard ?i don’t want them wired to my reverse lights.

Also what’s the lumens per light?

I really like these because there pretty small and looks like they kinda blend in to the rear bumper.is there a reason more people aren’t using these ?

https://www.rigidindustries.com/ignite-backup-kit-bu-ignite.html

Thanks !

The S2 Sports produces 1130 lumens per light and yes we offer a custom harness to connect to your upfitters.

Link --->>> S2 REVERSE KIT

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the brown/gray wire in the trailer harness (center lug on round connector) remains to be the backup light wire for 2018, since the wire colors changed for the upfitters from 17 to 18.

Last edited:

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I finished the install. I simply used the supplied BD harness with its pre terminated side tap to tap into the center pin of the 7 pin harness. In my case it was a gray wire with a brown tracer. My install is like the one in post #56 of this thread. I slid the 7 pin connector forward through the bumper, tapped the appropriate wire, threaded the BD harness back through the hole and reinserted the 7 pin, simple as that. Then it was just making the connections and zip ties to the get everything out of the way. Compared to getting the outside bolts threaded into the S2, as has been previously described, the wiring was ridiculously easy.
kOdVNNE8RSa4FThGRsawJw.jpg t6QZMSbmQMSpA2AfY5rjFQ.jpg UlL6Q3CiT+Sw1zkcx51VaQ.jpg