Baja Designs S1 Reverse Kit Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good question. It's being custom made for us by LVJ and he's REALLY swamped and working on re-designing the existing harness we were providing from him. It's a real high quality harness unlike ANY other harness on the market. If you've used his harness that comes with the GJ Motorsports kit or you've installed the LVJ Relay then you know why it's taking time to design... he does things right and plans for the future AND makes sure it's 100% safe. You can always add it on later once it's available though.

There are other cheaper harnesses on the market but they are nothing more then taps... Keith wanted to bypass that whole "t-tap" at the tail light and is making it work MUCH better and MUCH more secure

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the S2 Sports for reverse lights. As it is, the Raptor rear camera struggles to not be overpowered by the amount of light from those lights. If the S1s are more than twice the brightness (twice the lumens) compared to the S2s, won't the camera just be totally blown away by the amount of light, leading to not being able to see anything in the camera except for a big white spot? Has anyone tested that? The S2s seem plenty bright to me, at least as far as my needs for reverse lights are concerned!

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well the light might actually help as well. It sounds like your reverse lights might be aimed too high up possibly? I have no issues with my own truck and the S2 Sports.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the light might actually help as well. It sounds like your reverse lights might be aimed too high up possibly? I have no issues with my own truck and the S2 Sports.
What do you mean aimed too high? They aren't shining in the camera lens, if that's what you mean. They are under the bumper, so no matter how high up I aim them, the camera could never see the light directly...the camera can only see what is being lit up by the lights.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Post some photos up... I don't have issues with mine. I run Sports. What are you running? I've had folks with Pros not report any issues either. You are using Wide Cornering lenses right?

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see much better at night through the camera with the S2 Sports. That’s why I got them. Without the lights backing up at night I could barely see anything with the factory backup lights.

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the S1’s I just ordered, what do I need to connect these to the upfitters? Also, will they just be powered like the S2 I have?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They connect just like the regular reverse kit. Taps into the rear tails. For the upfitter we have LVJ making our harness. We're not sure on the ETA yet though. It's not a cheap harness which is why it's taking a bit for him to iron out the specs. It's very heavy duty.

If, however, you want to bypass tapping into the reverse and only want to control the kit from the upfitters you can grab these harnesses:

Extension: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-pro-sport-2-pin-10-extension/

You'll then use the included upfitter harness in the box and instead of tapping in at the tails, tap into your upfitter.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know a lot of you have been asking us... and yes, the Optional Upfitter Control Kit is available now with the S1 and S2 Reverse Kits. And yes, S1 are arriving at the end of this week (UPS takes about 4-5 days to get to us, since we don't have our inventory sent via UPS Overnight)

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
I know a lot of you have been asking us... and yes, the Optional Upfitter Control Kit is available now with the S1 and S2 Reverse Kits. And yes, S1 are arriving at the end of this week (UPS takes about 4-5 days to get to us, since we don't have our inventory sent via UPS Overnight)
Great news, I will be waiting at the front door for my s1 lights