Baja Designs S1 Rear Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the BD S1s as rear facing lights? Seems like it could be a better fit than the S2s.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
With as many lumens as you get with the s1, I’m sure someone here has done it. I repurposed a set of squadron sports a few years ago, so about as many lumens give or take, just bigger. They’re plenty bright.

OP
OP
R

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look awesome with the flush mount, but may be too much effort. Anyone have pics/experience mounting between pipes and recovery hooks?

OP
OP
R

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Related - Not for the rear, but I'm considering laser S1s to supplement the high beams. Small enough to hide somewhere in the upper grill.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look awesome with the flush mount, but may be too much effort. Anyone have pics/experience mounting between pipes and recovery hooks?

I just took off my rear S1s about a month ago in favor of some backlite rigids. Nothing wrong with them and plenty bright enough. Easy to install, pretty much the same as S2s.

I got my S1 kit from offroad alliance, IIRC, but any of the lighting vendors here sell them. Dealt with them 4x4 Only thing I didn't like about it was the 'vampire' connection onto the tail light. It worked fine, just not crazy about it.

SPV sells a nice harness for the tail lights, which you can see below in an S2 kit. Don't think they sell an S1 kit, at least I didn't see one. You can also buy the harness separately.

And I still have mine if you're interested in a used pair. Could probably go for half price. I have both clear and amber lenses for them.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I just took off my rear S1s about a month ago in favor of some backlite rigids. Nothing wrong with them and plenty bright enough. Easy to install, pretty much the same as S2s.

I got my S1 kit from offroad alliance, IIRC, but any of the lighting vendors here sell them. Dealt with them 4x4 Only thing I didn't like about it was the 'vampire' connection onto the tail light. It worked fine, just not crazy about it.

SPV sells a nice harness for the tail lights, which you can see below in an S2 kit. Don't think they sell an S1 kit, at least I didn't see one. You can also buy the harness separately.

And I still have mine if you're interested in a used pair. Could probably go for half price. I have both clear and amber lenses for them.

what $$$ are you looking for to offload those B/D lights?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the BD S1s as rear facing lights? Seems like it could be a better fit than the S2s.

We've got some kits available right here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicl...0/2021-f-150-raptor/other-lights-accessories/

Here is a shot of some flush mount Squadrons and an S2 on the Gen3 rear bumper to give you an idea on some options you have
_nc_ohc-xzpca9w2lpoax9z2qni-_nc_ht-scontent-lga3-1-jpg.328493

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Any of our harnesses can be used to add to any Baja S2, S1, Surface or Flush mount. So you can still make up an S1 kit. We just hadn't put them together on a page. I suppose we can though if you guys would like to see that.

John