Baja Designs Reverse Kit Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A lot of folks have been asking us about the various reverse kits offered by Baja Designs. We'd like to take a moment and go over the various options including the optional harnesses available.

We like to believe this is a community where we all help each other, so you can also find similar packages available from other vendors such as ORA, SPP and Apollo whom offer similar systems from Baja and Rigid.

Baja Designs S2 Reverrse Kit
http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s2-reverse-light-kit/

2017-Raptor-RearS2-L2__43161.1490542276.jpg

This is THE "OG" kit. It's our #1 selling reverse kit. The kit includes the following

-1x Pair of Baja Designs S2 Sport Wide Cornering Lights
-1x 55" Splitter Harness (connects the 2 lights together)
-1x Rear Upfitter Harness (just like your main upfiter harness, only shorter in length, and taps onto your OEM reverse light circuit)
-Mounting Hardware

This kit is 100% bolt on and mounts just on the inside of your tail pipes. It's the perfect kit jump into the LED lighting world with. Easy to install, bolt-on and offers terrific performance. This is the kit we run on our own demo truck.

Options
-
Upgrade the S2 Sport to S2 Pros: This will give you give you a jump from 2,260 total lumen to 4,900 total lumen.

-Upfitter Control Kit: Our harness (which we designed in-house) allows you to control the reverse kit from one of your 6 upfitter switches. This harness actually replaces the 55" splitter harness that is included with the S2 Reverse Kit, as our harness has this built-in. You'll run the wires along the passenger frame rail and plug it into your S2 lights. There is one connection left at the very end, which you'll plug the Baja Designs rear upfitter harness into (which will activate the system when you go in reverse). Additionally our harness has built in protection so that when you activate your reverse lights from an upfitter, you won't back-feed the factory tails. This is a nice feature for trail rides. You can throw some amber covers over your S2 lights and now use that reverse kit as "chase lights" without confusing other drivers because your factory reverse lights don't activate.

Baja Designs S1 Reverse Kit
http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s1-reverse-light-kit/

We were the original ones to offer a Baja Designs reverse kit with S1. Almost identical to the S2 Reverse Kit above, with the only difference being you'll receive the smaller S1 lights instead. The S1 lights put out a total of 4,750 lumen. So you get smaller lights and a little more light for the same price. Our upfitter control kit is still available as well for the S1 reverse kit.

The mounting does require one additional step to ensure a bolt-on installation. The S1 brackets are a lot smaller then the S2, and as such the mounting hold on the S1 bracket is smaller then your factory bolts. So in order to use the factory mounting locations, you simply need to drill out the S1 bracket's hole slightly (enlarging it). Very easy to do (we can do this for you on request prior to shipping the lights if you are not comfortable with a drill).

Baja Designs S2 Flush Mount Kit
http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s2-flush-mount-reverse-light-kit/

Based on the original S2 flush kits from Baja Designs, this kit includes Raptor Specific wiring to ensure a plug and play installation. The flush kit would get cut into your bumper however, allowing the lights to sit flush. So this does require more work on your part (cutting a hole in your bumper). This is a great kit for someone who wants a really sleek and built-in look. You get a pair of S2 Sport Flush Mount Light in this kit.

You have 2 wiring options available

-Reverse Activation Only: This will give you the 55" harness and rear upfitter harness only. Your lights will only activate when you go in reverse

-Reverse Activation & Upfitter Control: Similar to the kits above, the 55" harness is replaced with our own upfitter control harness (which has a built in splitter). So you'll be able to activate the kit from an upfitter switch or automatically when going into reverse

Baja Designs S1 Flush Mount Kit
upload_2020-12-13_14-10-25.png

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s1-flush-mount-reverse-light-kit/

Identical to the S2 Flush Mount Kit above, only we're changing this out to S1 lights instead of S2 lights.

So as you can see there are a few options for reverse kits available.

We're always available to answer any questions or help you choose a system. Call us, text us, email us or come visit our shop in Lindenhurst, NY (Monday-Friday between 10am-6pm)

84506_569_c2938ef5_8a9f_417d_aafd_19e279caefb1.jpg

84506_569_051c1e13_cee8_4065_a076_69e516f0b916.jpg

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once this winter ***** is over, I’m installing S1 flush mounts. Keeping it simple - wired straight to the upfitters. Takes a second to flip the rears on when you need more light.

I’m really impressed with the light output of the S1s.

fueler

Reaction score
Thanks for this write up, I missed the black Friday sale but will be looking at your site for a similar sale price for the lights. I have sheathed 14g-2 wire I'll be using to run from the lights to the upfitter switch. I missed the deadline on the sale when researching the difference between S2 and S2 Pros. Your write up cleared some of that up. Anyway thanks and I'll be buying from you soon I'm sure.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Glad to help it's what we're here for. Just another fellow Raptor owner trying to point folks in the right direction.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once this winter ***** is over, I’m installing S1 flush mounts. Keeping it simple - wired straight to the upfitters. Takes a second to flip the rears on when you need more light.

I’m really impressed with the light output of the S1s.

That's how I wired my S2 Pros. I figured many times, especially in the daytime, or in a well lit parking lot, it just wasn't necessary to have all that light for reverse. It sure is nice though when it's a dark, rainy, hard to see, kind of night.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
See I like to "set it and forget it" - I don't have to think about my reverse they just activate automatically. It WOULD be nice to have them on a switch though so I could activate them any time I want (i'm out of upfitters though)

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See I like to "set it and forget it" - I don't have to think about my reverse they just activate automatically. It WOULD be nice to have them on a switch though so I could activate them any time I want (i'm out of upfitters though)

How difficult is it to cut into that rear bumper for the flush mount kit? And is it possible with your wiring harness to leave out the wiring into the reverse automatically and just have them on the upfitter switches?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well it requires some cutting. It's not difficult if you have the right tools.

You can just put some tape over the rear upfitter connection. The rear upfitter from Baja plugs into our harness, so you just have to throw a piece of tape over our last connection (in case you want to use it in the future).

JDZ

Reaction score
Thanks for the nice outline about what you have to offer for reverse light kits.

Tried to purchase a set but your coupon code did not work.

Chris retired grunt

Reaction score
A lot of folks have been asking us about the various reverse kits offered by Baja Designs. We'd like to take a moment and go over the various options including the optional harnesses available.

We like to believe this is a community where we all help each other, so you can also find similar packages available from other vendors such as ORA, SPP and Apollo whom offer similar systems from Baja and Rigid.

Baja Designs S2 Reverrse Kit
http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s2-reverse-light-kit/

2017-Raptor-RearS2-L2__43161.1490542276.jpg

This is THE "OG" kit. It's our #1 selling reverse kit. The kit includes the following

-1x Pair of Baja Designs S2 Sport Wide Cornering Lights
-1x 55" Splitter Harness (connects the 2 lights together)
-1x Rear Upfitter Harness (just like your main upfiter harness, only shorter in length, and taps onto your OEM reverse light circuit)
-Mounting Hardware

This kit is 100% bolt on and mounts just on the inside of your tail pipes. It's the perfect kit jump into the LED lighting world with. Easy to install, bolt-on and offers terrific performance. This is the kit we run on our own demo truck.

Options
-
Upgrade the S2 Sport to S2 Pros: This will give you give you a jump from 2,260 total lumen to 4,900 total lumen.

-Upfitter Control Kit: Our harness (which we designed in-house) allows you to control the reverse kit from one of your 6 upfitter switches. This harness actually replaces the 55" splitter harness that is included with the S2 Reverse Kit, as our harness has this built-in. You'll run the wires along the passenger frame rail and plug it into your S2 lights. There is one connection left at the very end, which you'll plug the Baja Designs rear upfitter harness into (which will activate the system when you go in reverse). Additionally our harness has built in protection so that when you activate your reverse lights from an upfitter, you won't back-feed the factory tails. This is a nice feature for trail rides. You can throw some amber covers over your S2 lights and now use that reverse kit as "chase lights" without confusing other drivers because your factory reverse lights don't activate.

Baja Designs S1 Reverse Kit
http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s1-reverse-light-kit/

We were the original ones to offer a Baja Designs reverse kit with S1. Almost identical to the S2 Reverse Kit above, with the only difference being you'll receive the smaller S1 lights instead. The S1 lights put out a total of 4,750 lumen. So you get smaller lights and a little more light for the same price. Our upfitter control kit is still available as well for the S1 reverse kit.

The mounting does require one additional step to ensure a bolt-on installation. The S1 brackets are a lot smaller then the S2, and as such the mounting hold on the S1 bracket is smaller then your factory bolts. So in order to use the factory mounting locations, you simply need to drill out the S1 bracket's hole slightly (enlarging it). Very easy to do (we can do this for you on request prior to shipping the lights if you are not comfortable with a drill).

Baja Designs S2 Flush Mount Kit
http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s2-flush-mount-reverse-light-kit/

Based on the original S2 flush kits from Baja Designs, this kit includes Raptor Specific wiring to ensure a plug and play installation. The flush kit would get cut into your bumper however, allowing the lights to sit flush. So this does require more work on your part (cutting a hole in your bumper). This is a great kit for someone who wants a really sleek and built-in look. You get a pair of S2 Sport Flush Mount Light in this kit.

You have 2 wiring options available

-Reverse Activation Only: This will give you the 55" harness and rear upfitter harness only. Your lights will only activate when you go in reverse

-Reverse Activation & Upfitter Control: Similar to the kits above, the 55" harness is replaced with our own upfitter control harness (which has a built in splitter). So you'll be able to activate the kit from an upfitter switch or automatically when going into reverse

Baja Designs S1 Flush Mount Kit
View attachment 157929

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s1-flush-mount-reverse-light-kit/

Identical to the S2 Flush Mount Kit above, only we're changing this out to S1 lights instead of S2 lights.

So as you can see there are a few options for reverse kits available.

We're always available to answer any questions or help you choose a system. Call us, text us, email us or come visit our shop in Lindenhurst, NY (Monday-Friday between 10am-6pm)

84506_569_c2938ef5_8a9f_417d_aafd_19e279caefb1.jpg

84506_569_051c1e13_cee8_4065_a076_69e516f0b916.jpg
I bought a pair of the S2 lights and they work great. One issue though. When I got them installed the shop said that I could not turn on the upfitter switch and put in reverse if the lights were hooked up both ways. Said it would burn a fuse, so I just left it for upfitter switch.