Baja Designs pocket kit installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm installing this kit now. I've removed the factory fogs, and have the lights mounted on the brackets.

I'm curious about your set up. Why didn't you use the stock fog switch for S1's? And how did you set them on the AUX switches; S1's on one switch and Squadrons on another or? And I guess why did you do it that way?

I'm asking as I've not had a truck with AUX switches before and am looking for best set up. Not just @ OP, anyone, please feel free to chime in.

Currently I have my XL80 A-pillar lights on AUX 2. And I was planning on using the factory fog switch on the headlight switch for the S1 lights and AUX 1 for the two pairs of squadrons.

Thanks!

I wasn’t sure of the amperage capacity of the OEM fog light switch circuit and I’m used to, and like all of my auxiliary lights on the auxiliary switches so everything is in one spot.

I used the Molex dummy plugs on the connectors coming from the factory fog light switch so they are capped off and weather sealed.

AUX1: Squadron Pro Wide
AUX4 (or 3, I can’t remember): Squadron Pro Spot
AUX6: S1

Since AUX1 controls the other set of OEM Rigid lights I used the adapters to go from the OEM Molex to Weatherpack connecter on the existing wiring. The other Squadron’s/S1’s have their own wiring from the lights to the pass through wires by the battery that go to the AUX switches. You could probably put both pairs of Squadron’s on one circuit but I like having the flexibility to turn on or off each pair of lights plus the wiring is already there for AUX1.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm installing this kit now. I've removed the factory fogs, and have the lights mounted on the brackets.

I'm curious about your set up. Why didn't you use the stock fog switch for S1's? And how did you set them on the AUX switches; S1's on one switch and Squadrons on another or? And I guess why did you do it that way?

I'm asking as I've not had a truck with AUX switches before and am looking for best set up. Not just @ OP, anyone, please feel free to chime in.

Currently I have my XL80 A-pillar lights on AUX 2. And I was planning on using the factory fog switch on the headlight switch for the S1 lights and AUX 1 for the two pairs of squadrons.

Thanks!
Another reason to use the aux switch for the S1 instead of the fog switch is that the factory fog will turn off with high beams I believe. I used the included adapters to use the existing aux1 for the S1 and then wired aux2 for the 4 squadrons. Capped the factory fog wires with the included plugs.

OP
OP
K

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another reason to use the aux switch for the S1 instead of the fog switch is that the factory fog will turn off with high beams I believe. I used the included adapters to use the existing aux1 for the S1 and then wired aux2 for the 4 squadrons. Capped the factory fog wires with the included plugs.

I forgot about that circuit shutting off with high beams too.