Baja Designs pocket kit installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last weekend I installed the Baja Designs pocket kit on my 2021. I reused the Squadron Pros from my Gen 2 Raptor and used the new S1’s with the kit along with all the other Baja Designs brackets and wiring.

Fitment is tricky with the middle light. With the brackets mounted up as high as possible there is little clearance between the light and bumper opening on the bottom. I have the S1’s angled outward like I did with the S2’s on my Gen 2 for more dispersed light.

The kit comes with two sets of dummy plugs for the OEM fog lights Molex connectors. This made it easy to cap off the OEM fog light switch circuit and move all three lights to the auxiliary switches.

With this kit, I was also able to reuse the OEM splash guards for the lights. That way, water, dirt, snow, sand, etc isn’t blasting the backs of the lights and cleans the appearance up.

Overall I’m happy as the Baja Designs quality is always great.

42A95030-135B-43EF-A4EB-177745BAE78D.jpeg27ED870B-748E-4C43-BD8C-35C79276DB8F.jpeg

MDRAPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last weekend I installed the Baja Designs pocket kit on my 2021. I reused the Squadron Pros from my Gen 2 Raptor and used the new S1’s with the kit along with all the other Baja Designs brackets and wiring.

Fitment is tricky with the middle light. With the brackets mounted up as high as possible there is little clearance between the light and bumper opening on the bottom. I have the S1’s angled outward like I did with the S2’s on my Gen 2 for more dispersed light.

The kit comes with two sets of dummy plugs for the OEM fog lights Molex connectors. This made it easy to cap off the OEM fog light switch circuit and move all three lights to the auxiliary switches.

With this kit, I was also able to reuse the OEM splash guards for the lights. That way, water, dirt, snow, sand, etc isn’t blasting the backs of the lights and cleans the appearance up.

View attachment 362139View attachment 362140
Not gonna lie that looks pretty dope. Good job

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 362139View attachment 362140
looks good, can u post a picture from further out??

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same kit installed. Interesting on the splash guard fitting. Will have to try putting that back on this weekend.

OP
OP
K

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same ones installed. How is the heat with the splash guards installed?

It hasn’t been hot enough to get them warm while driving yet. Since the splash guards are vented it shouldn’t be too bad. I’ll be driving to the southwest in a couple months so I’ll give it a good test in triple digit heat then.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm installing this kit now. I've removed the factory fogs, and have the lights mounted on the brackets.

I'm curious about your set up. Why didn't you use the stock fog switch for S1's? And how did you set them on the AUX switches; S1's on one switch and Squadrons on another or? And I guess why did you do it that way?

I'm asking as I've not had a truck with AUX switches before and am looking for best set up. Not just @ OP, anyone, please feel free to chime in.

Currently I have my XL80 A-pillar lights on AUX 2. And I was planning on using the factory fog switch on the headlight switch for the S1 lights and AUX 1 for the two pairs of squadrons.

Thanks!