Baja Designs - NEW Laser Lighting! Ultimate Long Range Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks just like the LED lights....except for that way cool standard Laser trademark on the bezel...

Sorry guys no pictures, still no camera that works well at night...I plan on being at the KOH Thursday and Friday. I'm told they do have some night stuff going on...

Oh yeah...The lights do just as advertised, long range spots that burn a couple of holes way out there...but lets be clear, these lights by them self don't put out a good usable spread of light like the driving combo lights most people are used to, they need additional lighting to fill in the other lighting zones to make up a complete lighting package...so my other pic gives you an idea of what I also did right after installing the Lasers...I'll share pics of the grill installed when i take some.

And yes the light output improved, maybe 20-25% max, so no miracles, but the output was increased..

View attachment 117917

View attachment 117918

XL Lasers look clean on the SDHQ hood mounts :cool:

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the IC grill looks fine cut out...NOW let me say I do not know for sure if the grill structural integrity has been compromised, so if others cut theirs up and have issues, please don't use my name in vain...ha...ha...

IC Grill cut out.jpg

IC Grill cut out3.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think the IC grill looks fine cut out...NOW let me say I do not know for sure if the grill structural integrity has been compromised, so if others cut theirs up and have issues, please don't use my name in vain...ha...ha...

View attachment 117954

View attachment 117955

Nice clean cuts there! Did you notice a difference in output with the grille removed?

NV997tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One could certainly just buy a new grille insert from the dealer. That part can’t be very expensive

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That part can’t be very expensive
That's what I was thinking also...and confirmed by Nick...
Just a note...Before re-installing the grill, I spread on a little Silicone grease on each little finger of plastic that snaps into the spring steel female mount on the bumper...hope that made sense...snaps in much smoother and when time to remove the grill again you don't feel like somethings going to break off doing so...