Baja Designs - NEW Laser Lighting! Ultimate Long Range Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You lost some wide lighting coverage because 4 of the 6 elements are now Long Distance Laser chips...you traded distance for width...

Here's the other thing...long distance lighting works better when it's higher, so if those same 4 Laser chips were in the higher 30" bar you would get even more distance...

I have the big XL80's on my "A" pillar mounts and if they (BD) come out with Laser XL80's I'd replace my LED versions for those, and then run a 10" HiPower Spot/Driving combo bar down in front of the IC for close and intermediate lighting...this would be a good system where the lights are working together and in the right place...

I love BD's Laser concept, but think the 10" IC bar is too low to really take advantage of that really long range tech....

My opinion.....

Tcspase

Reaction score
My damn upfitter switches are already maxed out, or I would consider doing some LP9’s or XL80’s on A pillars.

There are actually only 2 laser chips. And 4 LEDs. It’s still the same beam pattern as the regular onx6 high power except the laser chips are probably their super spot optics as opposed to their spot optics. I think the reason for the lower light output is because of the LEDs that are being used. Even with this bar being mounted in the lower grill there is no issue with the distance for the lasers. The problem is that you need to supplement this light with another light bar if you want Excellent distance as well as near field light output

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My initial reactions are....mixed. I had the onx6 high power mounted in the lower grill. It was a combo pattern I’m pretty sure. The new laser light bar is a combo pattern as well, but it seems like the LEDs that are in the laser bar are not as powerful as the LEDs in the high power bar. So it looks like the lasers throw light super far but the LEDs leave something to be desired. Maybe the LEDs in the laser bar are from the regular onx6. Not the high power one. I also have the 30” s8. The combination of both of these lights seems to make a really good light pattern.

Maybe in the months to come Baja might release something with a different pattern that might give people some different options. One really cool thing that I got with my light is a free upgrade option. They said I can upgrade the circuit board anytime between now and sometime in 2020

Maybe my first thoughts were a little premature. I haven’t had a chance to drive it at night. Just shining it against the back of my garage. Haha. I will get some great drone footage tonight though

You lost some wide lighting coverage because 4 of the 6 elements are now Long Distance Laser chips...you traded distance for width...

Here's the other thing...long distance lighting works better when it's higher, so if those same 4 Laser chips were in the higher 30" bar you would get even more distance...

I have the big XL80's on my "A" pillar mounts and if they (BD) come out with Laser XL80's I'd replace my LED versions for those, and then run a 10" HiPower Spot/Driving combo bar down in front of the IC for close and intermediate lighting...this would be a good system where the lights are working together and in the right place...

I love BD's Laser concept, but think the 10" IC bar is too low to really take advantage of that really long range tech....

My opinion.....

My damn upfitter switches are already maxed out, or I would consider doing some LP9’s or XL80’s on A pillars.

There are actually only 2 laser chips. And 4 LEDs. It’s still the same beam pattern as the regular onx6 high power except the laser chips are probably their super spot optics as opposed to their spot optics. I think the reason for the lower light output is because of the LEDs that are being used. Even with this bar being mounted in the lower grill there is no issue with the distance for the lasers. The problem is that you need to supplement this light with another light bar if you want Excellent distance as well as near field light output

The Laser Lights might not appear as bright due to the extreme distance. The light is reaching out much further than the LEDs found in our Hi-Power. The hybrid bar still features the two best LED chips that BD has available. A sacrifice of the tighter, farther reaching pattern is that you lose some of the generous spill light that the additional 2 LEDs provide.

Appreciate you posting up! Any additional pics are always welcome :)

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Tcspase

Reaction score
The Laser Lights might not appear as bright due to the extreme distance. The light is reaching out much further than the LEDs found in our Hi-Power. The hybrid bar still features the two best LED chips that BD has available. A sacrifice of the tighter, farther reaching pattern is that you lose some of the generous spill light that the additional 2 LEDs provide.

Appreciate you posting up! Any additional pics are always welcome :)

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com
Thanks for taking the time to read up on my initial reviews. I’ll be posting my drone pics this weekend. Are you guys planning on upgrading this light bar any time soon? I noticed that I got a nice note with mine offering to upgrade the circuit board. I was just curious what might be coming in the near future for the onx6 laser light?

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to read up on my initial reviews. I’ll be posting my drone pics this weekend. Are you guys planning on upgrading this light bar any time soon? I noticed that I got a nice note with mine offering to upgrade the circuit board. I was just curious what might be coming in the near future for the onx6 laser light?

Over the next couple of years there might be updates to the laser chips. The free upgrade is only for those that purchased a limited edition laser. Essentially, we wanted to offer this to initial customers as there will be small improvemnets to the laser chips over the next couple years. We want to give early adopters a chance to update if they see any significant updates come down the pipeline.

Other customers can still pay for an upgrade to the laser if they would like, similar to how we usually handle updates, for a nominal fee.

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Last edited:

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are actually only 2 laser chips. And 4 LEDs.

I stand corrected..thanks
But still stand by my statement of the Laser lights working better higher then where there are right now..