Baja Designs LP6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NWA119

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am new to the forums and have a 2019 Raptor, but I was curious if anyone has ever installed any Baja Designs LP6s behind the grill. I searched and it didn’t come with any threads. Thanks in advance.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@NWA119

We've definitely had some customers mount them on push bars or even inside bumpers like this. Definitely possible to mount them behind grille but would likely require a custom mount. If you need lights, let us know! Happy to get you hooked up with some.

Ph: 888-466-8991

Web: OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

J50RijF.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've never tried it or seen it happen, but not sure you have enough room back there. The LP6 and LP9 have their wiring connectors coming off the back. So you need about 2" for the connector to come out of the light and bend... with such a small area you'd be risking damaging your radiator. Not to mention your shutters would not work at all because they'd most likely get blocked (even with the Baja 30" S8 kit you have to remove a few shutters from the system).

If you really want to mount them you can go with the popular N-FAB Multi Mount available here: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/n-fab-2017-ford-raptor-radius-light-bar-w-multi-mount/

You can grab the LP6 here: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/baja-designs/lp6/

And I'd recommend 4 or 6 of them along with this harness (this harness handles 2 LP6 or LP9) to make installation easier: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-lp9-harness-2-light-max-pro/

This is what the N-FAB Mount looks like with some LP9s:

Truck2__27350.1550965260.jpg

Truck7__83897.1550965261.jpg

OP
OP
N

NWA119

Reaction score
@NWA119

We've definitely had some customers mount them on push bars or even inside bumpers like this. Definitely possible to mount them behind grille but would likely require a custom mount. If you need lights, let us know! Happy to get you hooked up with some.

Ph: 888-466-8991

Web: OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

J50RijF.jpg

What kind of custom mount would I need or where could I get that done? Or would it just be easier to put XL80s behind the grill? However, I would prefer LP6s, if possible.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of custom mount would I need or where could I get that done? Or would it just be easier to put XL80s behind the grill? However, I would prefer LP6s, if possible.

Companies like Baja Designs and Rigid make complete kits for behind the grille. Like Baja has the 30” S8 with mounting hardware and Rigid has dual 6” lights with mounts. For XL80’s or LP6’s, there’s not really a mount back there. You would likely need to fabricate some kind of metal brace or support to physically attach the lights to.

Again, we’d be happy to hook you up with some lights. But the local fab shop might be best for mounting options if you really want these behind the grille.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I could run the S8 behind the grill with a FMIC installed?

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to mention your shutters would not work at all because they'd most likely get blocked (even with the Baja 30" S8 kit you have to remove a few shutters from the system).

I didn’t remove any shutters when I installed my S8 behind the grille, and the directions from BD don’t say that you have to. I have clearance and my shutters work fine.