Baja Designs LP4's on stock bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found an answer on another thread here. It looks like the lights will block about 70% of the camera so this is a no go for me.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Here’s a pic of the camera on my Jen Too, using the N-FAB bumper mount bar.

IMG_5107.jpg

I have the LP4’s mounted on the farthest reaches of the bar, which corresponds to the brackets you can see on the bottom corners here.
So if you are going to drill into the stock bumper, you could probably use the camera as a “guide post” for where to drill. Were I to do this I’d have stuck painters tape on the bumper until I got to the periphery of the camera and then moved over slightly.

Jen Tres bumper is a little different but not horrible. I will note, LP4 mounts are not as simple as squadron pros. They do come with a single post but they’re a little portly. I used the 2 edge slots instead of the middle post.

HTH!

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John @Specialtyperformanceparts did a video showing a number of different lights mounted on the GEN 2, which would give you a good idea of what is possible on the GEN 3 without interfering with the camera. I've decided on the Diode SS5. I think four would fit no problem and maybe even 6, but I'll start with four and see how they fit.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
IMG_5095.jpg

Hopefully this picture helps lend some perspective on light positioning and the camera. You can see on my previous picture in the bottom corners the light bar mount / bolts are visible, but the LP4’s are not.

I chose the bar because I anticipate I will encounter a Black Friday deal on more lights that will go well on this light bar and save me having to drill the stock bumper ;-)

So, if i’d actually drilled the stock bumper instead of the light bar, there would be no camera interference. That said, my shop projects never turn out as they should, so the light bar was the obvious choice.