Baja Designs Light options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick4

Reaction score
Looking for some thoughts on Baja designs light options

I had a gen 2 raptor with the Baja Designs "Ford Squadron/S2 Unlimited Fog Pocket Light Kit". I have since sold the gen 2 and bough a gen 3 Raptor which came with the factory fog lights (which suck btw)

1. does anyone how how the resale value of the "Ford Squadron/S2 Unlimited Fog Pocket Light Kit" is?
a. ideally if I could get a decent value I would sell them and purchase the Baja designs "Ford XL Linkable Bumper Light Kit"

2. if the resale sucks, I'm looking at repurposing the lights I have
a. Does anyone here have any experience purchasing kits from Baja Designs less the lights?
i. looking at "Ford Squadron Pro Behind Grill Light Kit" where I can use the 4 squadron pods I have then would only need to buy two more
ii. Also looking at the "Ford Squadron Unlimited/S1 Fog Pocket Light Kit" where I would only need to buy the two "s1" lights

3. if anyone has any other thoughts or ideas i am all ears!

Thanks!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1. Used kits tend to go for a decent amount. You could sell it as one entire kit to the next buyer.

2. You can buy brackets only from Baja Designs if you prove you already have Baja Designs lights. You could also buy other brackets from us and be able to re-use your entire kit, including the wiring, and wire it all to your upfitters. Or we could do brackets and wiring to re-use your OEM connectors to upfitter and fog.

Truth be told, get new Gen 3 brackets and figure out the wiring. Re-purpose most of your lights. Sell your Gen 2 brackets as a standalone to someone else. Use the saved money to purchase the other lights you're looking at.

You can fit 3 full size Squadrons on the new Gen 3 with non-BD brackets. It's a little tight, so the 2 Squadrons and 1 S2 per side would be a nice option for you and it would fit the opening well without looking stuffed.

Feel free to send me a message if we can help, I'd be glad to help you get your full lighting setup dialed in here at Apollo Optics.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I had a gen 2 raptor with the Baja Designs "Ford Squadron/S2 Unlimited Fog Pocket Light Kit". I have since sold the gen 2 and bough a gen 3 Raptor which came with the factory fog lights (which suck btw)

1. does anyone how how the resale value of the "Ford Squadron/S2 Unlimited Fog Pocket Light Kit" is?
a. ideally if I could get a decent value I would sell them and purchase the Baja designs "Ford XL Linkable Bumper Light Kit"

a. Does anyone here have any experience purchasing kits from Baja Designs less the lights?
i. looking at "Ford Squadron Pro Behind Grill Light Kit" where I can use the 4 squadron pods I have then would only need to buy two more
ii. Also looking at the "Ford Squadron Unlimited/S1 Fog Pocket Light Kit" where I would only need to buy the two "s1" lights

Thanks!
Hello Nick4,

1) The resale market is always an option I know their are always people looking.
2) If you are interested you can always buy the updated brackets/kit and repurpose the lights for the new truck.
As you said those are going to be your best two options. Sorry for no ground breaking information, but that is going to be your best two options.
Best,
Brock Brunkhorst

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks!

Hang onto those lights. We make a bracket (here in the USA) that you can use with your lights from your Gen2 on your Gen3:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-triple-fog-light-brackets-for-2021-ford-raptors/
1650635446079.png

We've got TONS of stock on Baja Designs and almost every single one of their Gen3 Raptor kits in stock. So shoot us a message and we can help you get what you need for your new truck.

We could sell you the triple Squadron kit for behind the grill, you could then re-use your old Gen2 fog kit with our new brackets, take one of those extra pairs of Squadrons and run 3 pairs of squadrons in your fogs, and then take those extra s2 and use them for reverse lights (we have a harness/kit available for the gen3).

So we've got options to help save you money and re-purpose what you have.