Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I recomennded oplersx does Bailey. Buy the XL80's and then just get the spot lenses separately. How come you guys don't just have the XL80 offered in spot normally? It would make sense wouldn't it?? Is there a reason XL80's are not offered with the standard lens options?

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Squardon racer will reach further than XL 80 spot? But XL 80 are much brighter than Squardon racer, right?

I have 2 squardon pro spot + 2 squardon pro driving/combo at factory bumper fog lights position already. So looking for something could reach further than these. Maybe couple XL 80 Racer!! :party33:

Racers will throw further however non-racers actually put out more lumen, not much just a little bit. The Spot's are slightly bigger then the racers, but racers are more "defined"

Make sense?

Say the Spots throw a 12" circle down range... the racers might have an 8" circle, it's more closer/defined, thus throws further.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Squardon racer will reach further than XL 80 spot? But XL 80 are much brighter than Squardon racer, right?

I have 2 squardon pro spot + 2 squardon pro driving/combo at factory bumper fog lights position already. So looking for something could reach further than these. Maybe couple XL 80 Racer!! :party33:

Racers will throw further however non-racers actually put out more lumen, not much just a little bit. The Spot's are slightly bigger then the racers, but racers are more "defined"

Make sense?

Say the Spots throw a 12" circle down range... the racers might have an 8" circle, it's more closer/defined, thus throws further.

@oplersx I wanted to clarify a little on what @4x4TruckLEDs.com posted. The XL80 and Squadron Racer will have very similar distance. The XL80 is a 6 degree spot where the Squadron Racer is a 7 degree spot (normally 9 degree on Squadron Pro/Sport). You will have a lot more light with the XL80 since it's 80W/9500 Lumens compared to 40W/4300 Lumens.

If you want more distance I would look at the XL Racer. It offers a 4 degree spot instead of 6 degree which gives you ~40% more distance than XL Pro, Sport, 80. Besides the LP9 this would be our highest performing auxiliary light for long range distance.

XL Racer Edition, Spot
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/xl-racer-edition-led-high-speed-spot.asp
680002_n.jpg
29973332956_a8ae9e35a0_b.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Yeah that's what I recomennded oplersx does Bailey. Buy the XL80's and then just get the spot lenses separately. How come you guys don't just have the XL80 offered in spot normally? It would make sense wouldn't it?? Is there a reason XL80's are not offered with the standard lens options?

Back when we first released the XL80 it had an LED with a crosshatch in the middle. This caused a slight dark spot in the center intensity of the light which made it less than ideal in the Spot pattern. We have now updated to a NEW LED that has a much smaller crosshatch and no dark spot at all. With the NEW LED customers can run the Spot lens if desired.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I will go with XL 80 spot lens kit. Maybe amber.. thinking :think:

@oplersx I wanted to clarify a little on what @4x4TruckLEDs.com posted. The XL80 and Squadron Racer will have very similar distance. The XL80 is a 6 degree spot where the Squadron Racer is a 7 degree spot (normally 9 degree on Squadron Pro/Sport). You will have a lot more light with the XL80 since it's 80W/9500 Lumens compared to 40W/4300 Lumens.

If you want more distance I would look at the XL Racer. It offers a 4 degree spot instead of 6 degree which gives you ~40% more distance than XL Pro, Sport, 80. Besides the LP9 this would be our highest performing auxiliary light for long range distance.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Ohh right I remember that issue.... duh

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Laser Lights at KOH !!!

28343401029_9b4bae44ec_b.jpg

Come by the Baja Designs booth at King of The Hammers (KOH) and check out the latest in high performance lighting! We aren't talking Halogen, HID, or LED... Baja Designs has NOW introduced Laser Technology. The Laser Light is capable of throwing light 60% further than LEDs!!!

OnX6 10" Hybrid (LED/LASER) - $999.95
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/OnX6-10-Hybrid-Laser-and-LED-Light-Bar.asp
451007_n.jpg

With the extreme amount of distance being achieved we have created a "Hybrid" light in order to give the user the ultimate package. We utilize Laser and LED chips wrapped in our high speed spot optic to deliver a smooth blend of light for less driver fatigue. If you're looking for a light that will cut through the night with ease, look no further.

QUANTITIES WILL BE EXTREMELY LIMITED - CALL TODAY TO RESERVE YOURS - 8004225292 - ETA: MID 2018

We will also be introducing an XL Laser Light! This will be ideal for applications requiring auxiliary lights for maximum distance. Stay tuned for more details and information!

www.bajadesigns.com

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bailey,
You...(Baja Designs), are amazing! Laser lights...I remember using a green argon laser in college 40 years ago. Pointing it out of the lab window at night and leading fellow students on a chase for aliens.....from a 1/2 mile away! 1/2" green spot at a half mile. Some chased the light; many ran scared! Amazing power in that concentrated beam. Laser beams can be directed to have a pencil beam that remains pencil thin for miles with minimal divergence. The light can be projected as a flat beam, round, square, oval, etc.
Amazing!

Eddie

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
XL80 WORK/SCENE: SKU — 670006

670006_n.jpg
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/XL80-Work-Scene-LED-Auxiliary-Light.asp

All new XL80 LED available in Work/Scene. The unit puts out 9,500 lumens with an extremely smooth 120° circle that projects about 40ft allowing excellent scene lighting. This pattern is not suitable for driving. As always, Baja Designs offers a 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee, and Limited Lifetime Warranty.

$399.95 ------- $359.96 (Coupon Code: BDForums)