Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
UPDATE:

1/30/17

Gen 2 - Raptor Specific Kits

Our engineers are working hard to verify the first articles are good to go for production. Unfortunately we are waiting for another kit to arrive before testing.
This pushes back our ETA and pricing by at least a week. Sorry about any inconvenience.
I will update everyone when more information comes my way.

Quality takes time, thanks for the update!

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gives me more time to save money for the setup! Keep us posted please!

UPDATE:

1/30/17

Gen 2 - Raptor Specific Kits

Our engineers are working hard to verify the first articles are good to go for production. Unfortunately we are waiting for another kit to arrive before testing.
This pushes back our ETA and pricing by at least a week. Sorry about any inconvenience.
I will update everyone when more information comes my way.

BajaRacer

Reaction score
Ready to get on the pre-order.

Assume we can choose what combination of lens patterns desired. Any recommendations or just preference?

Besides mounting kit will it include wiring harness to hook into the upfitter switches?

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not a reflection. The S8 light bar behind the grille features built-in amber daytime running lights.

Here's a close-up:
705003-01.jpg

Great looking bar!

Nick do you know if there will still be room to do an intercooler relocate kit (like the one from ADD) and still fit that bar?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great looking bar!

Nick do you know if there will still be room to do an intercooler relocate kit (like the one from ADD) and still fit that bar?

I would imagine that if this able to fit in there with the grille shutters, then the intercooler kit shouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully Bailey from @Baja Designs can confirm!

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ready to get on the pre-order.

Assume we can choose what combination of lens patterns desired. Any recommendations or just preference?

Besides mounting kit will it include wiring harness to hook into the upfitter switches?

You can definitely choose any pattern or color. Our recommendation is a pair of Spot, Driving/Combo, and Wide Cornering for the best blend of output and performance.

We do have wiring solutions available for a quick connection into the upfitter. With so many different lighting options this will probably be an add-on item

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Great looking bar!

I would imagine that if this able to fit in there with the grille shutters, then the intercooler kit shouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully Bailey from @Baja Designs can confirm!

It's very hard to say without seeing a vehicle with the intercooler kit in person. The clearance is tight with the S8 and would be very close with the intercooler.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
32670696852_6d679d5833_b.jpg

That Squadron-R Pro Laser Etched Bezel ! For those that haven't noticed, we are starting to Laser Etch our Products instead of screen printing the names and logos.
This change has been made to the majority of our bezels and is being done on our LED Light Bar housings. Take a look:
www.bajadesigns.com

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm anxiously waiting to see what BD puts out. Nick/Bailey, could you throw some advice my way?

I am torn between the squadron + S2 combos in the fogs and a behind the grille setup with the S8. I really wanted an OnX6 setup, but it's not going to work with the upper grille. Which setup would provide the most useful light? The S8 or the squadrons + S2s in the fog pods?