Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4WP is owned by a distributor FYI, so the lights are genuine as are the accessories you got (unless someone returned them). Just trying to figure out why you are having issues with the WP connectors. I've never had an issue with them. Perhaps you got a returned set and someone swapped out the connectors, but that's a bit weird and far fetched.

Nope brand new stuff. Doesn’t matter now - going with deutsch now. May be a bit overkill but wanna make sure it’s done right and no issues down the road.

Had to rewrire an air horn on my car because of water intrusion/corrosion. Maybe some of it was my inexperience/ not good quality connectors. Learning experience for me.

Thanks for your insight.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I'll admit it, I'm lazy (plus there's a crap pot of posts on this thread). @Baja Designs or anybody else, have you mounted the LP4 on the A Pillar (AKA Ditch Lights)?

We had a customer who did. He originally had LP6 up there but decided to go with the LP4. So he moved his LP6 to his bumper and put the LP4 up there. He has the back-light option wired in so when his truck is on they come on. He likes them.

He was originally running the Alternative Offroad mounts from us but decided to go with the SDHQ from us instead, as he wanted the lights closer to his windshield. He did have some clearance issues with his antenna due to the size of the LP4 so he's currently not running an antenna. I'd recommend the Alternative Offroad mounts with LP4s due to their size. The AO mounts sit a little up more, which gives you plenty of clearance.

Check out our site if/when you are ready to grab some lights for your Raptor. We have everything in stock and ready to ship.

Here is a shot of his truck:

upload_2020-10-12_20-28-14.png

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Baja Designs, what do you think the driving lens beam pattern will look like with the lens like this? I have yet to try them out in the wild yet as my truck is down and out since the install.
I just rotated the lens so the spots are in the middle closest to the hood for "less glare" and the driving lens are on the outside. Prob won't make much of a difference and if it dont work ill change the lens back around. It was just a thought I had.

imagejpeg_0(62).jpg

Johnfaeglasgow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Baja Designs, what do you think the driving lens beam pattern will look like with the lens like this? I have yet to try them out in the wild yet as my truck is down and out since the install.
I just rotated the lens so the spots are in the middle closest to the hood for "less glare" and the driving lens are on the outside. Prob won't make much of a difference and if it dont work ill change the lens back around. It was just a thought I had.

View attachment 154015
Won’t the diffused lenses spread the beam vertically instead of horizontally like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Won’t the diffused lenses spread the beam vertically instead of horizontally like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Very possible. I was thinking it would as well but not sure how much it would or what the beam would actually look like that.. It was a thought and was going to try it and see. Its simple to swap it back if it dont work out.
One reason I love BD lights. Can swap lens around for beam pattern and colors.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for Baja Designs or any of the lighting pro forum sponsors..

I need some help deciding on what to run on my A pillar mounts. Either the XL80 or the XL Racers.

My set up will consist of an ADD pro bolt on front bumper with a 20" BD Onx6+ amber light bar in wide driving pattern. And the ADD light hoop with 2 BD LP6 Pros in spot pattern, and 2 more LP6 in combo/driving pattern.

For the A pillar I want to use the SDHQ mounts attached to either the XL80 or XL Racer. I have heard the XL80 are extremely bright, and according to the BD site they are 9,500 lumens each vs the 4,300 offered on the XL Racer. But I understand the point of the Racer lights is to throw light further than the XL80.

If you look at the BD lighting zone chart, I have zone 1/2 covered with the Onx6+, zone3 covered with the 2 LP6 driving/combo, and zone 4 covered with the LP6 Spot. The XL racers would cover zone 5, but I do not do offroading at any high speeds, so I am not sure that will be necessary. But it would be nice to cover all the zones out front. But with the XL80s, I would be in the same zone as the LP6, so would that be pointless to cover that zone again?

Thanks!

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for Baja Designs or any of the lighting pro forum sponsors..

I need some help deciding on what to run on my A pillar mounts. Either the XL80 or the XL Racers.

My set up will consist of an ADD pro bolt on front bumper with a 20" BD Onx6+ amber light bar in wide driving pattern. And the ADD light hoop with 2 BD LP6 Pros in spot pattern, and 2 more LP6 in combo/driving pattern.

For the A pillar I want to use the SDHQ mounts attached to either the XL80 or XL Racer. I have heard the XL80 are extremely bright, and according to the BD site they are 9,500 lumens each vs the 4,300 offered on the XL Racer. But I understand the point of the Racer lights is to throw light further than the XL80.

If you look at the BD lighting zone chart, I have zone 1/2 covered with the Onx6+, zone3 covered with the 2 LP6 driving/combo, and zone 4 covered with the LP6 Spot. The XL racers would cover zone 5, but I do not do offroading at any high speeds, so I am not sure that will be necessary. But it would be nice to cover all the zones out front. But with the XL80s, I would be in the same zone as the LP6, so would that be pointless to cover that zone again?

Thanks!

You're spot on with the racers. The racer beam is going to be highly focused spot light designed for maximum distance. If you're not running high speed, it's probably overkill. The most popular a-pillar lights we sell our the XL80's. At a blinding 9500 lumens each, they throw an absolute ton of light. Being that they will also be mounted up higher on the truck, you're going to get some increased distance there as well. While the XL80's only come in the driving/combo or wide cornering lens, a lot of folks are swapping the lenses out for the pure spot lens of the XL racer. That might be the sweet spot for you. A very bright set of spot lights for distance but not quite as focused of a spot beam as the racer edition lights. Another option would be the XL Lasers! We've sold a number of those to folks and those seem really be able to reach out across state lines to show you what's ahead.

With all of your other lights, that should round out all of the zones nicely.

Let us know if we can get you setup with SDHQ mounts and any lights! Always happy to help.