Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How hard are these to connect to an uplifter switch? I suck with electricity.

Any instructions included?

What are you trying to connect to an upfitter? We offer the full Baja Designs product assortment over at our site, including Upfitter harnesses, which make it easy to install.
Shoot me a message and we can help you pick out the right lights. I see you're from PA, we're just about 1 day shipping from you here in NY

Jughead

Reaction score
What are you trying to connect to an upfitter? We offer the full Baja Designs product assortment over at our site, including Upfitter harnesses, which make it easy to install.
Shoot me a message and we can help you pick out the right lights. I see you're from PA, we're just about 1 day shipping from you here in NY

Thanks. I saw the instructions on your site. That answered my questions.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey @Baja Designs

I’m in the process of installing/wiring my Squadrons.

Maybe, I’m picky but the connectors on the lights are pretty chintzy. The housings, lens, brackets are excellent quality and maybe the best I’ve seen.

The connectors are not of the same quality. They’re hard to snap together and it feels as if the connection is not solid and not watertight.

I’d pay more for perhaps deutsch connectors. I may replace with deutsch all around.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard are these to connect to an uplifter switch? I suck with electricity.

Any instructions included?

They're super simple to install, the wiring harness and instructions provided by @4x4TruckLEDs.com are super clear and straight forward.

I've never wired anything before and I managed to get it done in an hour including routing the harness through the truck.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @Baja Designs

I’m in the process of installing/wiring my Squadrons.

Maybe, I’m picky but the connectors on the lights are pretty chintzy. The housings, lens, brackets are excellent quality and maybe the best I’ve seen.

The connectors are not of the same quality. They’re hard to snap together and it feels as if the connection is not solid and not watertight.

I’d pay more for perhaps deutsch connectors. I may replace with deutsch all around.

Baja uses WeatherPack connectors, which are well known for being great connectors. I prefer WeatherPack over DT connectors personally. They are actually easier to crimp. I've never had issues with WeatherPack connectors making a solid connection. If you are having issues plugging them into each other, a little trick is pt tension on the wire (pull it slightly) as you insert the connectors. This will help center the pins (good thing to do with any connector, DT or WP).

If you are trying to crimp your own WP connectors, you need to use the right type of crimper. It's a different type then the DT crimper.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Baja uses WeatherPack connectors, which are well known for being great connectors. I prefer WeatherPack over DT connectors personally. They are actually easier to crimp. I've never had issues with WeatherPack connectors making a solid connection. If you are having issues plugging them into each other, a little trick is pt tension on the wire (pull it slightly) as you insert the connectors. This will help center the pins (good thing to do with any connector, DT or WP).

If you are trying to crimp your own WP connectors, you need to use the right type of crimper. It's a different type then the DT crimper.

I finally got around to wiring my lights up. The supplied WP connectors are not good at all. I have and used the correct crimpers.

I did notice that the WP connectors that are on the supplied wiring harness are good quality. They feel very solid compared to the supplied DIY connectors.

This was the first time I used deutsch connectors and I feel that they are the most solid and user friendly - superior IMO.

I copied a harness that another member made up and I’m pretty happy with the results:

08F66B1D-B322-484E-91A9-5325A07CFF75.jpeg 308F662A-D876-4E34-9469-9261DA83866E.jpeg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I finally got around to wiring my lights up. The supplied WP connectors are not good at all. I have and used the correct crimpers.

I did notice that the WP connectors that are on the supplied wiring harness are good quality. They feel very solid compared to the supplied DIY connectors.

This was the first time I used deutsch connectors and I feel that they are the most solid and user friendly - superior IMO.

I copied a harness that another member made up and I’m pretty happy with the results:

View attachment 153506 View attachment 153507

Where did you buy your Baja lights from outta curiosity? What did you buy?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where did you buy your Baja lights from outta curiosity? What did you buy?

I got my BD lights from 4Wheelparts up here in Canada. They were cheaper up here and I thought I would support a local business (I know 4Wheelparts is American)

I got SAE fogs so I don’t annoy other drivers and Pro combos so I can annoy other drivers lol

I’m gonna see what kind of light ouput I get with the 2 pair and perhaps get some S1 ambers.

S8 light bar and flush S1 in the bumper planned for later.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
4WP is owned by a distributor FYI, so the lights are genuine as are the accessories you got (unless someone returned them). Just trying to figure out why you are having issues with the WP connectors. I've never had an issue with them. Perhaps you got a returned set and someone swapped out the connectors, but that's a bit weird and far fetched.