Baja Designs Fog light install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed my Baja Designs fog light. The brackets are heavy duty and well designed. I still need to aim them and get some night shots. I couldn't be happier with them. Thanks @Rick@FreedomMotorsports. I wont go into the wiring since I wired mine to use one switch for each set.

S2 Pro wide cornering ambers on aux 5
Squadron Pro wide cornering on aux 4
Squadron Pro spot on aux 3

Here's the highlights of my install. Your results may vary.

Wb20LqL.jpg

The brackets use one existing bolt on the bumper brace.
HIwFa95.jpg

The bracket is held the the factory 8mm bolt and two allen head bolts (4mm) and 10mm nylock nuts. The bracket faces the rear. If you try to install it facing forward the middle lights hit the bumper. I also found it was easier to mount the lights on the bracket first.
Nk2uUn6h.jpg
GwQroOph.jpg

I dropped the skid plate to run my wires behind it. Its just two 13mm bolts by each tow hook and two 15mm bolts in the back.
oZoboKsh.jpg
WaZCBluh.jpg

The light output is incredible.

bFFJntEh.jpg
HuGaubrh.jpg

Forgive the dirt and dead bugs on the truck. It just got bsck from a 2000 mile road trip.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Curious for night shots too. The way Baja Designs designed the kit was to have the spot closest to the center and the driving/combo or wide in the center. Personally I would think how you did it would blend in the light into the center better. Would be interested to seeing how the pattern would look if you had time to move them around.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. How was the mileage on the trip. Can not wait for night shots.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed my Baja Designs fog light. The brackets are heavy duty and well designed. I still need to aim them and get some night shots. I couldn't be happier with them. Thanks @Rick@FreedomMotorsports. I wont go into the wiring since I wired mine to use one switch for each set.

S2 Pro wide cornering ambers on aux 5
Squadron Pro wide cornering on aux 4
Squadron Pro spot on aux 3

Here's the highlights of my install. Your results may vary.

Wb20LqL.jpg

The brackets use one existing bolt on the bumper brace.
HIwFa95.jpg

The bracket is held the the factory 8mm bolt and two allen head bolts (4mm) and 10mm nylock nuts. The bracket faces the rear. If you try to install it facing forward the middle lights hit the bumper. I also found it was easier to mount the lights on the bracket first.
Nk2uUn6h.jpg
GwQroOph.jpg

I dropped the skid plate to run my wires behind it. Its just two 13mm bolts by each tow hook and two 15mm bolts in the back.
oZoboKsh.jpg
WaZCBluh.jpg

The light output is incredible.

bFFJntEh.jpg
HuGaubrh.jpg

Forgive the dirt and dead bugs on the truck. It just got bsck from a 2000 mile road trip.

I initially had my light brackets facing forward and ran into the problem you describe. Even with them facing rear the clearance is close.

I left the outside S2 lights facing forward and they stick out of the bumper a bit and I think that gives them better light spread to the sides.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Should be doing mine this week. Any reason why you didn't use Aux 1-3?

OP
OP
crash457

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headlights only.
CNqh54vh.jpg

Wide Cornering
QioUD6ch.jpg

Spots
go7QThch.jpg

Wide Cornering and Spots
D3bSLNah.jpg

Amber wide cornering and spots
e6qykmHh.jpg

All on
IK6DgNoh.jpg

Looks good! Should be doing mine this week. Any reason why you didn't use Aux 1-3?

I used aux 3 and 4 for the Squadrons because they are rated for 10A and aux 5 for the S2s because it's rated for 5A. You should always use the lowest rated switch possible as long as the draw is less than the switch is rated for. This leaves me aux 1 and 2 rated at 15A and aux 6 rated at 5A for future items.

Seartrip

Reaction score
Crash-

I'm going to install my BD kit when the weather improves a bit. Just wanted to say this was helpful (especially the pics) and has me looking forward to the install. Thanks.

consolidated

Reaction score
Does the kit include wire and connectors to run from the lights to the upfitter wire bundle? Just want to have things ready to go.