Baja Designs Cover Screws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the BD lights. I have the OnX6 in the lower center grill and just got the S2 for reverse lights. Only thing I did not love was all the silver screws in the face of the lights. So I had a bunch of Traxxas screws and tried some black button caps to see what I thought about the color before ordering enough to change all of them. Note that the black ones are button head, but I ordered socket caps like the BD OEM ones. The size is 3mm x 8mm. Here is a couple of pics.

Attachments

• Silver.jpg
    Silver.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Black.jpg
    Black.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 73

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the BD lights. I have the OnX6 in the lower center grill and just got the S2 for reverse lights. Only thing I did not love was all the silver screws in the face of the lights. So I had a bunch of Traxxas screws and tried some black button caps to see what I thought about the color before ordering enough to change all of them. Note that the black ones are button head, but I ordered socket caps like the BD OEM ones. The size is 3mm x 8mm. Here is a couple of pics.

Being a Baja designs owner for 5 years some advice. Add anti-seize to the screws. Take my word after a few seasons in the weather the electrolysis between the aluminum and metal you will have screws that you cant get out.

OP
OP
hamster

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being a Baja designs owner for 5 years some advice. Add anti-seize to the screws. Take my word after a few seasons in the weather the electrolysis between the aluminum and metal you will have screws that you cant get out.

Very good advise....thanks....I am going to try and avoid the problem by using aluminum screws.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score

FYI the silver colored screws are stainless steel. The black button heads are plain alloy steel and will rust very quickly. Find some stainless screws with a black oxide finish.

OP
OP
hamster

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI the silver colored screws are stainless steel. The black button heads are plain alloy steel and will rust very quickly. Find some stainless screws with a black oxide finish.

Yeah the black ones in the picture are alloy steel and do rust very quickly as I found out in my RC trucks. I found some black anodized aluminum socket head screws that I am going to try.

PhilZx6

Reaction score
Yeah the black ones in the picture are alloy steel and do rust very quickly as I found out in my RC trucks. I found some black anodized aluminum socket head screws that I am going to try.

Do you have a link where you purchased these from if you got them online? Thank you

OP
OP
hamster

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice touch. I had searched for the same ones. BD should supply them. If only you'd shown the same care with your sig: "ignot silver" haha just messing with ya! :ROFLJest: Perhaps I've had too much iggnog for tonight.

Fixed the sig...the OCD side of me is so embarrased. :facepalm:

Here is a final pic with new aluminum screws.

Attachments

• New Screws.jpg
    New Screws.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 49

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome...didn't realize they'd sit in there so nice and flush. Really perfect. I'm gonna copy.