GEN 2 Baja Designs amber driving combo squads vs amber wide cornering squads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
The 30" S8 Grille does not block the camera... it gets mounted behind the grille so you're good to go there.

And we have plenty of stock on fogs (of any combination you choose) , reverse kits, grille kits (30" S8 and 10" OnX6 in stock) as well as a good amount of stock on S1 as well (so you can pick if you want S2 or S1).

I think someone mentioned that the S8 couldn't be mounted behind the grille with a FMIC or is that incorrect?

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Ohh yeah that's true. I didn't know you had an IC back there.

I don't yet but am trying to plan ahead.

I know an aftermarket IC is the way to go and if I want to install a warn winch with the stock bumper that it'll have to be a FMIC from all the research I've done.

RipReturns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why didn't you just aim your spots up so they were not shooting at the ground?? Or are you talking where they would eventually hit a curve in the road? Which would make sense. That's why spots on the pillars are great. You're up high near your eye line so you can get over bumps in the road.

I'm a fan of Driving/Combos for lighting "everything" up
Yes, the spots need to be mounted higher up (on pillars or roof), but I tried them for portals and found they didn't (couldn't) go far enough down the road. But the driving combo was a nice substitute that basically augments both low and high beam (OEM) lights. Happy, well-lit camper.

TDBrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never driven with amber fog lights before. If they're on when it's not snowing/raining, do they not light up the area well? Or do they look weird? I live where it snows (SLC) and thought I'd use SAE ambers for both snow and clear. Bad idea?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Amber fogs actually do better in the rain/snow then white fogs would do. Actually, Baja's are more yellow, which is what you see on European race cars (for good reason). They work in regular weather as well. You may see a popular trend now adays where more and more cars are having amber (yellow) fogs on, especially the imports.

I prefer white lights for normal driving but amber certainly are popular.

Heck, you can even do whites and ambers and put them on 2 different switches. A lot of our customers do that with our fog kits.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd recommend against running dual SAE lights as fogs. The SAE lights are great for on-road use, but lack in overall output. For the cost, stick with a single pair of SAE lights in white, throw a set of amber rock guards on the SAE lights to change the output to amber for inclement weather.

That way you still cover both the SAE white and SAE amber options, but also leave yourself a lot more versatility for your other two pairs of lights.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never driven with amber fog lights before. If they're on when it's not snowing/raining, do they not light up the area well? Or do they look weird? I live where it snows (SLC) and thought I'd use SAE ambers for both snow and clear. Bad idea?
I’ve got the amber SAE BD fogs. I have them on all the time. The amber really softens up the pure white that the headlights put out.

I also have the white SAE fogs and the S1 spots in amber.

If I turn them all on and my brights you can see me from Jupiter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk