Baja designs A pillar lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you first get the XL-80s, if you listen for it (as I did), you will be able to hear a slight amount of additional wind noise, but it will quickly become completely unnoticeable. Passengers don't know it's there. No issue whatsoever. i think the scale of the VL-80s is just right on this truck.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would LP6's be overkill for this location? I was planning on running spots up higher and combos in the bumper fog location. The XL80s do not come with a spot lense hence looking at lp6s. Squadron pro spots might work, didn't think of that.

Edit: Now that I think about it, a 6.5" light in that location could not be considered practical. Maybe the pro spots are the way to go. Has anyone fitted a xl6 there and taken a picture they could share?

I have both lights on my truck and I got shocked when i installed my LP6's. For a reason the Xl 80 are more brighter spread a lot of light because its a wide cornering lens but overall the Xl 80 to me is a better light than the lp6.
lights.jpg

6inaRow

Reaction score
I have both lights on my truck and I got shocked when i installed my LP6's. For a reason the Xl 80 are more brighter spread a lot of light because its a wide cornering lens but overall the Xl 80 to me is a better light than the lp6.
View attachment 133047
Interesting, are your LP6's driving combo's or are they spots? Are the IPT LED's worth it to you or are they drowned out by the XL80 wide cornering lenses?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here is what a customer of ours recently did. He went with 4x LP9 Pros on an N-FAB mount on his bumper and 2x LP6 lights on his pillars.

76983688_2486351421654439_3842661618588581888_o.jpg

Hey may go for the LP4s next month when we get them in.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, are your LP6's driving combo's or are they spots? Are the IPT LED's worth it to you or are they drowned out by the XL80 wide cornering lenses?

My LP6's are driving combo's and the IPT is worth having as a technology but the Xl80 light quality is way better to me Ill try to get a video and show you.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
c1abe2adc8ca2aeb52674551cc216333.jpg

I am running the alternative mounts with XL80s. They throw an impressive amount of light, especially when you consider the light isn’t all that big. No noise or glare that bothers me, I highly suggest the upgrade! It took me a couple days just getting used to them being there. Dark roads turn to day with these things lit up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk