Baja Design S1 vs S2 Pro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Thanks man! Exactly what I was looking for. I will be ordering a set next week!

give 4x4truckleds a shot with your business, if you're so inclined.

Adam has taken good care of me. all but the roof bar on my raptor has been procured through them. ( and as you can see, there's no shortage in lumens on my truck because I'm scared of the dark.)

FREEHAVOC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could use some advice thinking of the following setup. From inside of radiator to the outside of bezel. Squadron pro driving combo, squadron spot pro then the S1 wide cornering. is this the right way to set this up ? or another setup recommended?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Could use some advice thinking of the following setup. From inside of radiator to the outside of bezel. Squadron pro driving combo, squadron spot pro then the S1 wide cornering. is this the right way to set this up ? or another setup recommended?

Yeah that can work, although I'd recommend the S2 instead of the S1. You WILL get more light from the S1 but it's small and will look "lost" in the opening. I like the S2 as it follows that tapered opening.

What a lot of guys are doing these days is doing 3 sets of Squadrons. With our brackets you can fit 3 pairs of Squadrons which is ideal. Great light output and fills the entire opening.

I like an SAE for one pair, for street legal use. ANd then your 2nd and 3rd sets can be Squadron Sports or Pros, depending on your budget.

I just talked to a customer about doing Squadorn SAE for his first set. Then a set of Squdron Sport Driving/Combos for his 2nd and then Squadron Sport WC amber for his 3rd (for bad weather).

You could upgrade that to Pros if you have a bit more $$ to spend for even more output.

We've got some terrific sales now. Savings of up to $300 on our Triple Fog Light kits for our Black Friday week-long promotion: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicl...2017-2018-f-150-raptor/triple-fog-light-kits/

FREEHAVOC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply 4x4trucks, would you steer a guy away from the rigid 360s? unique look curious if the light output is just as good as the Baja Designs.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes I would. You're going to find they are a big light to mount and you'll lose some adjustability. They FIT but not as well as the Baja Designs lights. The Baja Designs have better output when you go into the Pro line.

Squadron Pros are just under 4900 lumen each and the Rigid 360 series are 3100 lumen each.

Even the Squadron Sports put out 3150 lumen each.

We do sell the 360 series if that is your thing BUT you'll save more on Baja and get more for your money

FREEHAVOC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honest answer just what i was looking for. Do you need the extension brackets if running the following from inside of bracket to corner. 1 Squad Pro driving/spot combo. 2. Pro spot then SAE WC to use as everyday lights. am I overthinking placement?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No. Our reverse brackets are optional. We make those here on Long Island also and we developed them to help with installation. If you choose not to get them you'll need to remove the bezel/lens from the lights and flip them 180 degrees (as the lights hang upside down from the main vehicle bracket so this flips them around). Our reverse brackets just save you a bit of time is all. MOST folks get them but it's 100% not needed if you want to remove the bezels/lenses.

That setup is fine. Your everyday SAE fogs to stay street legal then some better lights for off-roading, when you are alone on the road.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For the same money, why not get the S1's? Twice as bright and look right at home. Here's a picture of our universal triple kit with two pairs of Squadrons and a pair of S1's. If light output is the goal, then that's an easy choice. If you are wanting on road light to use with traffic, throw a pair of SAE's into the mix and you've got a really good fog light setup. Being in New Mexico, if you are out offroading at night, a pair of amber lights would really help to cut through that desert dust. Amber penetrates through dust, rain, snow, etc, whereas white light reflects back.

5PAKlkx.jpg

Another option for that OEM fit and finish look is our bezel kit. Still holds two pairs of Baja Designs Squadrons and then the S1's in the outer most location.

xoPaV2f.jpg

We've got ALL of our fog light kits on special this week. And Baja Designs is offering some pretty sweet mail in rebates. For a triple fog light kit, that's $150 mail in rebate. Plus we're including freebies like a Yeti 20oz tumbler and if you spent $1,000 or more, we're also including a MyMedic medical kit.

Here's the link to our universal fog light kits:

UNIVERSAL MOUNT FOG LIGHT KITS

And the link to our bezel kits:

BEZEL FOG LIGHT KITS

We can also custom build you any combination of lights should you not see a kit that works. Whatever it is, we've can get you taken care of!

Last edited: