Baja Design Bumper Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NVK16

Reaction score
I just installed the Baja design, spot and floods in both corners of the front bumper. I am curious as to what level they should be positioned in order to get the best usage and not blind unexpected oncoming drivers. My set-up from outside in, Amber, spot, spot/flood combo.

thank you for your help and comments.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 14

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those lights will blind someone coming at you at night. The only ones I can tolerate looking at are the SAE rated ones with the cutoffs. I generally won’t flash my lights, though.

Really, with the bezels in there it’s hard to aim them far enough down and still have them be useful.

Turn them on at night, grab a chair, and sit in front of your truck. Only way you’ll know or be able to tell.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
+1 @Lilla Kharn

I thought I could get away with squadron -sport- wide corners. I’d installed and aimed them and was using them on a very unpopulated parkway coming home, only to find I had to make a hospital run. got done with that, remote started the truck and the lights were still on.

H*ly cr@p they’re bright. And those were the sport version.

They throw light everywhere, ditto with the combo lenses. You could aim the spots very poorly and not offend oncoming drivers, but you’d have minimal throw. You’re better off with the SAE lights in there somewhere if your use pattern is mainly roads.

OP
OP
NVK16

NVK16

Reaction score
Thanks. I do not use these onroads but when going down dirt roads I do come across oncoming vehicles at times. Thanks for the feedback.

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re using them on dirt roads, don’t worry about. I have my full light setup running at night and during the day when I’m with others. It’s just part of being off road. As long as you turn them off when you see another vehicle, no one should give you grief over it.