Bad Luck with my Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AJT221

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with the suspension clunking and pedal vibration. Super annoying and makes the truck feel like shit, tbh. I occasionally check the super long thread about it to see if a fix has been identified but haven't looked in a while as it always takes a while to catch up. Anyone know if a root cause or fix has been identified yet?
I read on one thread it's been narrowed down to the shocks but nothing official released yet and apparently Ford is telling dealers not to change out parts but seems like they will announce something soon. This is just from other threads, I don't know anything official.

I made an appointment in couple weeks to get it looked at and will see what the dealer says. I don't think I'll keep it if nothing is changed because it's not an enjoyable experience the way it is now but trying to be optimistic something gets resolved!

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually would put some blame on the tech that did the PDI, its well knnown about the tranny fittings, etc, don't think these dealers are even doing proper inspections on these new vehicles or the techs are clueless.
PDI? I’m starting to think they just collect their check from ford and do no inspections. Hell, look at all the shocks that have plastic on them still. Hard to miss that if they actually put it on a lift….

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about yours and others issues. I know online we only hear about the issues. I will say (knock on wood) I have had my 22MY GEN3 for a little over 3 months now and it appears really solid. I absolutely love this beast. I hope i don't have to report any issues and these are just isolated to a few unfortunate...

OP
OP
A

AJT221

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about yours and others issues. I know online we only hear about the issues. I will say (knock on wood) I have had my 22MY GEN3 for a little over 3 months now and it appears really solid. I absolutely love this beast. I hope i don't have to report any issues and these are just isolated to a few unfortunate...
Yeah I'm certain most trucks are issue free and I'm just one of the unlucky ones and it's unfortunate but it happens. Happy for all those that are issue free and hope it stays that way!

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At least OP is a very positive upbeat optimistic dude about and not doing the usual whining, def sucks and hope you and the others get it fixed.

Picked up my ‘22 in March, got almost 3k miles and it’s been great.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read on one thread it's been narrowed down to the shocks but nothing official released yet and apparently Ford is telling dealers not to change out parts but seems like they will announce something soon. This is just from other threads, I don't know anything official.

I made an appointment in couple weeks to get it looked at and will see what the dealer says. I don't think I'll keep it if nothing is changed because it's not an enjoyable experience the way it is now but trying to be optimistic something gets resolved!
You might wanna go snatch up that issue-free 35 you had and keep that excitement rolling! 37s are overrated anyway! RLMAO…jk.