Bad Experience with Xpel installer @ Seattle Clear Bra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming that the cost is about the same for a regular F150 Screw, that means they're charging 20% of the cost of the vehicle to apply this junk. I don't know what the right number is but I sure don't see the value considering that the resale will be the same as a truck that had a cheap detail done before trading it in.

Seriously, this stuff is a huge scam. How is one not better off just sticking $8k in the bank and simply paying to fix any scratches that occur to the vehicle?
A decent phone screen protector is $20. Alternatively, you don't use a screen protector and you crack your phone screen. You can go to a phone repair spot and get it replaced for $200. So for 10% of the cost of the screen repair you could of used something to protect it.

$80k truck * 10% = $8k to protect every inch of paint on the truck and have peace of mind. Worth it imo

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Prices also fluctuate depending on the laws in the area. A place with a minimum wage of $15 an hour will be higher than places with lower minimum. And we all know that living on each coast of the US is bloody expensive, unless your in Maine.

Morrisabm

Reaction score
I’ve got PPF on mine and is worth it’s weight in gold. I was on a narrow trail in Moab and had a large boulder kick up and run down the bottom edge of my bed. It gouged the PPF but didn’t touch the paint. Still have a mark on the bottom mounding behind the rear wheel and that was rhino lined.

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got PPF on mine and is worth it’s weight in gold. I was on a narrow trail in Moab and had a large boulder kick up and run down the bottom edge of my bed. It gouged the PPF but didn’t touch the paint. Still have a mark on the bottom mounding behind the rear wheel and that was rhino lined.

I just did the Raptor Assault in Tooele and all the trucks are wrapped up to the hood for the exact same reason. Its def worth it imo

Jenner1

Reaction score
Prices must be way higher in the US, I’ve got mine booked in for full Xpel wrap minus the bumpers and rocker panels which are getting color matched Armorthane. Price I was quoted was around $5500 CAD which works out to around $4200 USD. Very reputable installer as well and this will be the 6th vehicle I’ve had go through their shop.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prices also fluctuate depending on the laws in the area. A place with a minimum wage of $15 an hour will be higher than places with lower minimum. And we all know that living on each coast of the US is bloody expensive, unless your in Maine.
WHAT???!!! Mininum wage guys are installing this stuff? Lol