Bad Experience with Xpel installer @ Seattle Clear Bra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you think this is bad, yours looks a lot better than mine. They used precut pieces and can see edges almost everywhere. The edges collect dirt and extremely noticeable on oxford white and yeah I paid $8k too so your price is in line with a full Xpel wrap.

Last edited:

hpschrank

Reaction score
$8k…gulp…that’s really high IMO. I had Expel PPF on everything but rear doors, quarter panels and tailgate for $2500. Gen 3 LFG 37 PP

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is your expectation on a full wrap job for a larger vehicle ?
Assuming that the cost is about the same for a regular F150 Screw, that means they're charging 20% of the cost of the vehicle to apply this junk. I don't know what the right number is but I sure don't see the value considering that the resale will be the same as a truck that had a cheap detail done before trading it in.

Seriously, this stuff is a huge scam. How is one not better off just sticking $8k in the bank and simply paying to fix any scratches that occur to the vehicle?

cplreyes

Reaction score
I had the front end and partial hood with mirrors done for $800. The job was excellent. The shop I go to has cars lined up outside that they’ve worked on. There are a lot of shops where I live that charge high because they know it’s an expensive area to live. Their work is hardly ever high quality.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming that the cost is about the same for a regular F150 Screw, that means they're charging 20% of the cost of the vehicle to apply this junk. I don't know what the right number is but I sure don't see the value considering that the resale will be the same as a truck that had a cheap detail done before trading it in.

Seriously, this stuff is a huge scam. How is one not better off just sticking $8k in the bank and simply paying to fix any scratches that occur to the vehicle?
Its not all a "scam" - I got Expel Stealth and it completely changes the look of the truck (Lead Foot in my case) the satin finish looks great, the "protection" can be argued about however I have been through low hanging brush/branches with no worries about scratches. Generally people that are putting down $80k+ on a truck/toy do care about how it looks and its a PIA to paint correct periodically. If your "its a truck" guy or only trolling the Starbucks parking lot then this explains your point

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch. Why you gotta cut me like that?
:cool: just experience with paint..... I am OCD about swirls and scratches and love doing "light/medium" off-roading, the Raptor only fits so many places without pushing through branches etc. ..... the combo drove me to wrapping my newest rig