Bad Drivetrain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

brown baron

Reaction score
Nothing has been officially diagnosed...everything so far has been a guess (IMO). Keep in mind this drivetrain issue is not arising 100% of the time.

Earlier today I got a call from my s/a saying I was being charged $180 for their electrical guy to come check my work because they thought that was the issue. Fast forward to just now, I get a call back saying my lighting setup was perfectly fine, no issues there. However, one of the through wires wasn't fully covered by the electric tape that came on it originally and that was the source of the problem, after re-taping it they said my truck runs perfectly fine and they believe the issue has been resolved.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the hell happens, I'm still very skeptical that a drivetrain issue is being caused by an exposed through wire.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get them to show you and take pictures, post them here, so we can offer more "professional" opinions :D

Dhowell

Reaction score
I had this same issue after my transfer case blew up. When they repaired it they didn’t reconnect something correctly at the dealership which caused the issues you are describing.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll call ******** on the dealer, had a similar issue, on my ‘13 F150, had a bunch of BD lights on it, 2 30” OnX6 bars, a 20” OnX6, squadrons and a pair of xl80’s, not only did I wire the positive side with a relay, but also on the grounds. Then came the day the cluster quit working, 13k or so miles. The dealer did the same thing, told me my lights were the cause, I told the SA he was full of shit(at the counter with other customers), he asked me how I came to that conclusion, I explained the relays that I used had diode’s in them, there is zero probability my lights caused any noise in any equipment as they were isolated. He told me he didn’t know, that was what his tech told him, I propped myself up and told him to get another tech to fix my truck because the first guy he chose doesn’t know shit about cars or electronics..... I got a blank look..... as I walked out.

When I went to pick it up, they changed their tune to my aftermarket wheels caused the issue, I was pretty rude with my response, being as how my wheels were OEM Raptor take off’s, I did ask if he liked riding the short bus to work everyday. I may not have made a fried that day.

OP, get pics and documents that your bare wire caused this, it sounds like they fixed it and are blaming you.