GEN 2 Backup sensor sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trig911

Reaction score
Anyone else have the sound of their backup parking sensors change. Today I got to the truck and the sound is coming from the dash to the right of the steering wheel. The actual sound has changed too. I’ve had the truck for over 2 years and the sound has always sounded like it came out of the head rest/rear cab area. The truck is a 2018 802A. I’ve tried Turning off the option and then back on. Not sure if something broke or not.

OP
OP
T

Trig911

Reaction score
The sound has always come from my speakers, and now it’s coming from the dash.

BHook

Reaction score
Sounds like something is wrong to me. Mine (18 802) always comes from the rear. Does the sound come from the front when the truck detects an obstacle in front of the truck, what does the sensor diagram on the infotainment display show?

OP
OP
T

Trig911

Reaction score
No it’s def from backing up, I noticed backing in against my garage. I’ll have to check the blind spot sounds now

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it possible to turn down the volume? It drowns out the radio.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If the sound is coming from the dash, and has a hollow, tinny sound, you’ve got a bad speaker connect.

adjust the balance / fade with a song playing at reasonable volumes and when you hear nothing, that’s the connection issue.

I had this happen when I swapped speakers. a few weeks later, I got the above symptoms, right rear door speaker connection was stretched and loose. Gorilla taped to the dynamat, moved on. happened a couple weeks later to front passenger door. Pulled all of them, Gorilla taped the wire to the dynamat to make sure I didn’t wiggle it loose and it wouldn’t get pulled loose. no problems since.

HTH

SD64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen to me on my 2019 about a month ago. It was defiantly a different sound and really threw me off but it only lasted for one day, maybe 6-8 ignition cycles. It was back to normal after sitting overnight.