Backup lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/HNbc1-b0ab4
Here is install of lights I did

Here is the link to the exact lights I installed
http://amzn.to/2pw3nA8

Once again, I have copied @byz250f although I went with the spot version of these lights, not the flood.

One caution if you haven’t thought of it, on my truck, the driver’s side exhaust bracket is a good ground, on the passenger side - not. The exhaust itself, including the hanger sitting in the rubber insulated hanger is grounded, but not the bracket ! <homer> DOH ! </homer>

otherwise, they do an admirable job throwing some extra light and if I manage to whack them, I’ll replace them :)

I thought briefly about adding a relay and triggering them with reverse and upfitter 6, but I settled on just the aux 6 switch.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone is wanting to buy back up lights please click on the link at the top of this thread or on the video I posted...it would help me out!!

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I managed to get mine installed correctly yesterday. They now work in Reverse and when I hit AUX 5. Wonderful to have options.

Thanks for all of the clarifications Crash.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I managed to get mine installed correctly yesterday. They now work in Reverse and when I hit AUX 5. Wonderful to have options.

I was just going to set mine up to work off AUX 6, but having it both ways would be cool. Options are always better :)

Was there anything else you can mention/outline to help the wiring double-dense (me) get it set up in pure layman's language? Thanks

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I re-wired my PUTCO blade today per the included instructions. I tried it with a harness, but I kept getting error messages that a trailer is connected and disconnected. The truck was out smarting itself do to the trailer detection system. I had to tap into the tail light wires for left and right turn signal, break lights, running lights, and reverse light. It took some time but was well worth it. This thing is sweat. It looks great and works well. There is a video on the PUTCO website of how the light works/looks. If you have the BLISS trailer detection system you have to get the model #92009-60 and you can't use an aftermarket plug and play harness unless you don't mind error messages all the time. You will have to do some electrical wiring work.

Below is a great diagram if you want to pull out your tail light and tap the wires for whatever reverse lights you are using.

Attachments

• C4483.jpg
    C4483.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was just going to set mine up to work off AUX 6, but having it both ways would be cool. Options are always better :)

Was there anything else you can mention/outline to help the wiring double-dense (me) get it set up in pure layman's language? Thanks

A couple things.

Because of how the BD harness is wired, I left it as originally installed.

I bought a mini fuse tap for the under the hood box to power the relay.

I ran the wire to the rear encased in heat resistant flexible conduit. Through the frame to cross axles and along side the frame otherwise. I tie wrapped it into holes in the frame and at other opportune points.

Crash's instructions are spot on.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple things.

Because of how the BD harness is wired, I left it as originally installed.

I bought a mini fuse tap for the under the hood box to power the relay.

I ran the wire to the rear encased in heat resistant flexible conduit. Through the frame to cross axles and along side the frame otherwise. I tie wrapped it into holes in the frame and at other opportune points.

Crash's instructions are spot on.

Thanks HK

marsh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I re-wired my PUTCO blade today per the included instructions. I tried it with a harness, but I kept getting error messages that a trailer is connected and disconnected. The truck was out smarting itself do to the trailer detection system. I had to tap into the tail light wires for left and right turn signal, break lights, running lights, and reverse light. It took some time but was well worth it. This thing is sweat. It looks great and works well. There is a video on the PUTCO website of how the light works/looks. If you have the BLISS trailer detection system you have to get the model #92009-60 and you can't use an aftermarket plug and play harness unless you don't mind error messages all the time. You will have to do some electrical wiring work.

Below is a great diagram if you want to pull out your tail light and tap the wires for whatever reverse lights you are using.

Spartan1 Is this the connector on each taillight or a central connector that feeds both?