Backflip mx4 vs Dimondback SE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the people on here that have the Diamond Back, did you get it with Diamond pattern texture or not? Why on either way? Same question about the pre-installed cleats. Left them out or had them pre-installed?

TheCzar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the people on here that have the Diamond Back, did you get it with Diamond pattern texture or not? Why on either way? Same question about the pre-installed cleats. Left them out or had them pre-installed?
I didnt get the diamond pattern because i dont like the look of it. I had the cleats pre-installed since I knew I'd be using them...so much easier than me doing it and messing it up. Took me all day of measuring and re-measuring, then doing it 5 more times just to be sure before drilling holes for the frontrunner load bars i put on

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didnt get the diamond pattern because i dont like the look of it. I had the cleats pre-installed since I knew I'd be using them...so much easier than me doing it and messing it up. Took me all day of measuring and re-measuring, then doing it 5 more times just to be sure before drilling holes for the frontrunner load bars i put on
Ok I think I am going with the SE model, clean no diamonds and cleats preinstalled. How long from order day to door step did it take you? I have a trip in a week and a half and I'd really like to take the new truck if I could of course.

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed the Retraxpro MX, and it is worth every penny. I don’t NEED the whole bed really ever, so the 1’x1’ loss of space is worth it to me. If spending $80k on a dream truck, spend the extra few bucks to buy a high quality cover you love. If $2k is putting you in a bind after spending that much on the Raptor, probably shouldn’t have squeezed your bank account so much on the truck. Just my .02

big jake

Reaction score
I have the UnderCover Armor Flex its been on for just a few months and the textured layer on the top has already started to delaminate. I like it though because its very easy to remove surprisingly water tight and does not rest against the cab when fully folded to expose the bed.

TheCzar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I think I am going with the SE model, clean no diamonds and cleats preinstalled. How long from order day to door step did it take you? I have a trip in a week and a half and I'd really like to take the new truck if I could of course.
I waited months, but i bought during the early months of covid. I'm sure their customer service could give you a better estimate of stock/delivery