GEN 2 Backfire/ pop on decel after intercooler and tune...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hghlndr85

Reaction score
So I recently installed afe magnum intake,cobb stage 1 performance and Trans tune. Haven't had any issues. Last week I installed garret intercooler and stage 2 tune. Truck runs great. Temps outside have Been in 50s. Yesterday and today have been mid 80's outside Temps. I noticed past 2 days on decel I get a random backfire/pop through the exhaust. I usually get them when I fill the truck to full on 93 for first few Miles. But past 2 days truck has half tank. No engine lights or codes. I did remove the top and bottom shutters on intercooler when I put the garret in. Left middle one connected to avoid any codes. Is this any cause for concern or what could be the cause? I also have colder plugs in, spd trombone and corsa exhaust. Truck is an 18 with 40k.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pay for that shit. My M3 pops and burbles constantly, and I have these parameters turned up intentionally. I love pops and burbles.

This is usually caused by unburned fuel getting ejected into the downpipes or cats and is basically a timing adjustment. Many tunes do this, but I don't have a garret tune, so I don't know if that one does.

KAJRIP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the same thing with Cobb/Goosetuned Stage 1. Usually happens after filling the tank and goes away after driving a few miles.