Back up Camera Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kc0lry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Backup camera issues

Anyone else have the same problem? Bought my truck and the rear camera would sometimes work. Sometimes the black screen. Now it's only black when I reverse. Bought a new camera from camera source and it's still black, but I can change the settings now. I have checked the wiring near the drivers door and also changed my led reverse lights with no fix. I'm at a loss now

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't experienced this, but in for updates in case it happens down the road. Hopefully someone can guide you in the right direction. Good luck!

MaTm

Reaction score
2011 Backup Camera Questions

Howdy,

My backup camera seems to have gone out. I ordered a new one from Tasca for a 2011 Raptor (BL3Z-19G490-B), but the part looks nothing like what is on my truck (see pics).

Any ideas why my rear camera is different? I wouldn't guess that it's aftermarket, but I can't find any information.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_8864 (2).jpg
    IMG_8864 (2).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 2018-02-08_11-47-20.png
    2018-02-08_11-47-20.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

MaTm

Reaction score
Anyone else have the same problem? Bought my truck and the rear camera would sometimes work. Sometimes the black screen. Now it's only black when I reverse. Bought a new camera from camera source and it's still black, but I can change the settings now. I have checked the wiring near the drivers door and also changed my led reverse lights with no fix. I'm at a loss now

You may need your ACM reflashed. What year is your truck?

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have the same problem? Bought my truck and the rear camera would sometimes work. Sometimes the black screen.

Very common issue with the Gen1's.

I replaced my camera on my 2011 with a new one I got off eBay. Seem to remember there were a number of identical looking models with slight differences that affected whether they would work or not and hugely different pricing. My symptom was garbled video for a while until eventually it was just always black. Paid about $125 but there were others everywhere from $35 to $425. Never could get a good answer on exact part numbers that would work...think I got lucky even though my replacement part number didn't match the original. Good luck.

Kc0lry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very common issue with the Gen1's.

I replaced my camera on my 2011 with a new one I got off eBay. Seem to remember there were a number of identical looking models with slight differences that affected whether they would work or not and hugely different pricing. My symptom was garbled video for a while until eventually it was just always black. Paid about $125 but there were others everywhere from $35 to $425. Never could get a good answer on exact part numbers that would work...think I got lucky even though my replacement part number didn't match the original. Good luck.
I just put in a new one from camera source. Still no videp

Kc0lry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. I finally had a chance to tear into my truck. All connections to the radio are good. I then tested the connector with a volt meter and it's getting 25.2 volts. Must be a video feed issue.

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the part number for the one that you installed? Thx.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk