Back to the drawing board?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll get an R only if I can get a SCAB...if not, well, I’ll drive mine until it can’t, or I can’t go any more.

Has there been any rumor on the return of the SCAB for the R?
Raptor R SCab would be the ultimate truck for me!

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has there been any rumor on the return of the SCAB for the R?
Raptor R SCab would be the ultimate truck for me!

Heard it was only going to be a SCAB, then both...now not at all. Can’t find anything definitive unfortunately.

Was hoping someone here would have more info.

Goosed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two things happen on every thread in FRF...

1). It turns political, mostly in favor of Trump

2). SCAB loyalists chime in on every topic and state SCAB or die, or they mention how they are not buying a raptor again until the SCAB comes back.

Driver

Reaction score
I hope they make this thing a MY2022 at this point. I'm very high on order que list at a large Michigan dealer; currently own a MY2018 802A SCREW. I don't want to take delivery of a "2021" later than June-ish, which seems impossible at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

JSAN

Reaction score
Why do you guys prefer the SCAB?will you guys be using the raptor r to its full off road potential? Is that why you guys prefer the SCAB?

The raptor r will be my daily driver that's why I prefer it to have crew or super crew. I intend to haul my family in it as well. This will be replacing my f150.

I read somewhere that most of the people who buy these, use them as pavement princess (me included). I don't think many people are comfortable jumping their 100K truck or doing crazy off roady shit this truck is capable of.

And the people that do end up using this truck for its performance and capabilities; well are very few Where ford probably did the math and found that offering a whole other cab option for low sales probably isn't worth the investment.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
90% of the time it’s just me, or me and a dog or two...max one other passenger 99.9% of the time. If we’re going out with friends we just take my wife’s 5-seat SUV, or take two cars...or hire a limo if 6 or more (cheaper over time than owning a huge SUV like we’ve owned in the past).

I also like that the SCAB fits in my garage better and turns sharper than the many other SCREW trucks I’ve owned, including the 2019 SCREW we bought for our son. Off road break over angles are better too, but I rarely use this truck to its full potential.

Not a matter of needing the extra seats or space; if I did, I’d buy one (well, another one I suppose). I just prefer the SCAB as my personal truck.

Looks better too!

edit: and my truck gets jumped at least 4x per week on the way to or from work...very nice RR track crossing with perfect approach/departure angles. Get just over a foot at 60mph...and is smooth as can be...literally smoother than going over that crossing slowly!

Last edited:

JSAN

Reaction score
90% of the time it’s just me, or me and a dog or two...max one other passenger 99.9% of the time. If we’re going out with friends we just take my wife’s 5-seat SUV, or take two cars...or hire a limo if 6 or more (cheaper over time than owning a huge SUV like we’ve owned in the past).

I also like that the SCAB fits in my garage better and turns sharper than the many other SCREW trucks I’ve owned, including the 2019 SCREW we bought for our son. Off road break over angles are better too, but I rarely use this truck to its full potential.

Not a matter of needing the extra seats or space; if I did, I’d buy one (well, another one I suppose). I just prefer the SCAB as my personal truck.

Looks better too!

edit: and my truck gets jumped at least 4x per week on the way to or from work...very nice RR track crossing with perfect approach/departure angles. Get just over a foot at 60mph...and is smooth as can be...literally smoother than going over that crossing slowly!

Awesome man! All good reasons.

Reaction score

Looks better too!

you jump on the way to work? Ahahahahahah

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
my truck gets jumped at least 4x per week on the way to or from work...very nice RR track crossing with perfect approach/departure angles. Get just over a foot at 60mph...and is smooth as can be...literally smoother than going over that crossing slowly!

Bo and Luke Duke are good role models ;-)