Back to Eastern Utah

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Met my sister and BIL for four days of hiking. They were at a family(in-laws) reunion in Grand Junction. I drove into Yellow Cat, scouted roads with an eye for their trailer and found a campsite for the night. Yes, it's a cow pasture, but it's a NICE cow pasture.
upload_2020-10-5_19-50-29.jpeg

We hiked into the back side of Arches National Park for two days. We saw only two people, at a distance. Then it was on to Keg Knoll, where we found a nice site.
upload_2020-10-5_19-56-49.jpeg

We hiked to the Great Gallery one day. The next, we hiked Moonshine Wash. Which was scenic.
upload_2020-10-5_19-54-9.jpeg

A quick hike to Colonnade Arch capped the trip.
upload_2020-10-5_19-57-53.jpeg

Some breakfast action.

upload_2020-10-5_19-52-54.jpeg

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was 48 miles of dirt road to get back up to Green River this morning. Some spirited driving may have occurred.
upload_2020-10-5_20-1-53.jpeg

PS Someday I'll figure out this photo thing. Seems like once I post a photo, I can't delete it. I wasn't going to include the breakfast action pic, but couldn't get rid of it. Since I already had five photos in the OP, I couldn't paste this one there and had to reply to my own thread.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was 48 miles of dirt road to get back up to Green River this morning. Some spirited driving may have occurred.
View attachment 153263

PS Someday I'll figure out this photo thing. Seems like once I post a photo, I can't delete it. I wasn't going to include the breakfast action pic, but couldn't get rid of it. Since I already had five photos in the OP, I couldn't paste this one there and had to reply to my own thread.
Yeah the max is 5 photos per post, but you can delete each one before you press "post reply"

Anyway enough of that, beautiful scenery! What was for breakfast?

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah the max is 5 photos per post, but you can delete each one before you press "post reply"

Somehow that pic got inserted, even though it didn't show on the draft. When I posted, it showed up. I tried to edit it out and couldn't. Weird.

Anyway enough of that, beautiful scenery! What was for breakfast?

They were drinking their lattes. One of the benefits of having a trailer.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Great pictures, I know that area well. The Great Gallery is an amazing hike. I stopped every 500yds to take another picture.
what a fun trip, thanks for sharing