Back seat gets no AC. Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be on everybody’s. I’m a ‘20 and since the day I got it it’s one of the little things that bug me. NO AIR FLOW!!! All the other fords you can hear and feel the air blowing. I wonder if mines even working sometimes cause there is hardly any sound and can barely feel it even with fan on high!! It’s a bummer for sure

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the need is to add a "cool" button to the rear "heated" seats. Not sure why this isn't an obvious design requirement or at least upgrade that I am sure many would buy.

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@V6Raptor said it best and I found the same "solution". On the rear vents in the console, you need to have them directly in the middle for the up/down adjustments and have them pointing straight at the seats - basically you angle them up or down or left or right and they produce no air - at least in my 2020.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I have discovered on my 19 SCREW is that I have to take it out of Auto and select the upper vents and then the rear gets plenty of air based on my fan speed selection, the dog is now much happier!
Agree with this and the other comment - Auto Mode doesn’t seem to send much air to back. Max works better and manually change to upper vents only.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a vent selection issue. The rear vents do not get air if you have all three directions pressed, needs to be one of either middle or top (not sure which one). I think middle is face area as top is more windshield blown. If it comes out of the dash vents, it will come out of the center console vents in the back. I used to have my wife ride in back with our son when he was younger.

OP
OP
rbraptor

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll try pressing the upper vent. I had the middle by itself (face) and the middle and lower one pressed and neither made much of a difference. There’s air coming from the console vents, just not enough to be comfortable.