Back seat gets no AC. Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2020 has been great. My biggest complaint is the heat/AC for the back seat. I live in Texas and feel like my daughters and dogs in the back are going to die without more air. Is mine broken or is this normal? If normal, is there a fix? It’s hot as balls and I have ceramic tint everywhere. Thanks.

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say “normal” as mine also gets little air flow from the rear vents. I always leave my climate control in auto, that may have something to do with it

OP
OP
rbraptor

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a major oversight by Ford for this to be “normal.” Whether someone buys an F150 for work or to haul their family, the backseat will be used and needs AC.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never noticed this with my current or previous F-150 (2018 and 2019) even during summer driving through Palm Springs with the in-laws. Is it a lack of airflow or a temperature issue?

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never noticed this with my current or previous F-150 (2018 and 2019) even during summer driving through Palm Springs with the in-laws. Is it a lack of airflow or a temperature issue?
I assume OP and I have the same concern, and that would be airflow. No matter what vent configuration/isolation I use, the rear vents put out adequately cold, but very low velocity air.

OP
OP
rbraptor

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume OP and I have the same concern, and that would be airflow. No matter what vent configuration/isolation I use, the rear vents put out adequately cold, but very low velocity air.
This. Yea, it’s hot as hell but the low velocity air is the issue.

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the best solution to get max airflow from and to the rear is to set the AC to max air (7), TURN OFF the air flow to the feet and only have the airflow to the face. You can always focus the center air vents in the front seat to the middle so that it pushes air to the rear quicker. As for the rear center vents, I noticed recently if you have them adjusted all the way to the left or right, the air does not flow well at all.