Back in Gen 1, from a Gen 3. What Mods do you recomend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gears would be the thing that could get most "performance" out of it without touching the engine. I never touched anything on the engine on really any of my trucks, but going from 3.55 to 4.10 on the D2 and 3.73 to 4.88 on the TJ made a worlds of difference. I haven't found myself needing 4.56s or 4.88s on the Raptor, but it doesn't mean I haven't thought about it.

I know its not a performance mod, but I think upgrading the transfer case skid plate it super important.

Lol I’m about to slap on some 5.13 come March

OP
OP
Dadlife

Dadlife

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Foing to look at rehearing and tune before dumping 10k in charger. Although eating a TRX’s lunch with a 11 year old truck sounds amazing.

OP
OP
Dadlife

Dadlife

Reaction score

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can a FI gen1 come close to a TRX or tuned gen2? That’s a sick raptor keep it.
It would be awesome, but I don't think so.
I had my supercharged Gen 1 dialed in pretty good and it put down 507hp to the tire (approx 640 crank) It gave slightly tuned Gen 2 's fits, but it would not hang with guys that were modded more.
Even with similar HP figures getting thrown around (600+), the Gen 2 would keep pulling up top. If I got the jump on them, they would start coming by me by the 2-3 shift. I assume the 10 speed also helped in that regard.
Even if you are a couple HP more than mine, you would still be giving up a lot of HP to the TRX ..

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can a FI gen1 come close to a TRX or tuned gen2? That’s a sick raptor keep it.
Sure it could with enough money, there have been a few examples of highly modded gen 1 motors over the years, they typically don't seem like the most streetable builds. I want to say hadid back in the day had about 1000hp in his gen 1 but the thing power surged pretty badly just sitting in drive. But like Canuck said, the 10 speed makes it an uphill battle, though with the reliability I've experienced I'll keep my 6.