Back glass shattered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford somehow gets outta a lot. If any of you had the famous 6.0 diesel as I did. We all floated the heads of because the studs were too short, somehow they never had a recall. Hell, they even put the same short bolts back in after repair. My Ford dealership offered for me to bring the right ones, on my dime, and they would put them in.

jgwoody

Reaction score
Had this happen to me this morning :( Got into truck, turned on rear defroster, drove 5 minutes to work. Halfway there I noticed the rear defroster light on dash was turned off and wouldnt turn back on. Got out, started to walk into office and heard a loud POP. Driver side rear glass shattered, but still intact thank god.

Has anyone found a decent priced solution to this? Is it possible to replace just the ONE piece of glass, as safelite quotes you all 3 pieces of glass. I would love to install the one piece myself and have it professionally tinted, and leave the rear defrosters unplugged from now on all the glass. Don't need this to happen again.