Back Facing lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some might only want one, and one light...like me. I have the D2 with amber lens, it;s going to be used JUST for offroading as the rear facing amber for a dust light for trucks behind me to see. I plan to add the mount to a bed rack, but his is a good idea for most.

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look clean nice job! I would think 20-25 for a side (40-50 a pair) isn't badly priced and you DONT have competition so it's all on you if Baja fabs something without an actuator and low balls you then adjust but doubt it'll happen haha so run with it brotha!! He has bigger fish to fry !As for rotating you can use self adhesive sandpaper to stick to mount ... Outlaw hood mounts came with it and mine haven't moved and I've been on at least 10 400 mile+ runs and 60,000 total miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the customer, but personally, I wouldn't pay that much. There are many members here who have the ability to make those mounts very easily for significantly less money. There are also members who probably don't know which end of a screwdriver is the handle and would happily pay $60.

With that said, I do really like the location of the lights, but I wouldn't want them permanently mounted above the bed rails. Long term for my own truck, I have plans to fab up some type of mount that will use an electronic actuator to make the light pop up above the tailgate when it's turned on and then stow away below the tailgate when it's off. A light on just one side of the truck would be fine with me. This is the actuator I'd like to use and if it wasn't $500, I'd have probably already done this.

Baja Designs Light Bar Actuator :: Kartek Off Road Parts & Accessories
CLS-613505_4inActuatorTool_1.jpg

Good luck.

check out duffnorton. They make linear actuators, much less expensive then the baja designs one.