Back Facing lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Won't those tend to rotate around the single bolt over time and with vibration? Maybe a neoprene washer between the bracket and the bed would prevent that.

OP
OP
OFF-ROAD PERFORMANCE

OFF-ROAD PERFORMANCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't thank the rotating will be a problem most of the lights you buy have one bolt.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

For the loading of truck can make a custom bracket for a quick release.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the $60 is only for the brackets, correct? I originally understood that the lights and brackets would be $60, but that can't be if D2s are included.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah brackets only no lights. To high?

60 bucks seems reasonable. I like the look and the no-drill install. A set of these with the Chinese Dually knockoffs would be perfect for 'visibility lighting.'
I don't know if there is a place for a similar setup closer to the front of the bed but then they could double as bed lights/visibility lighting.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah brackets only no lights. To high?

I guess it depends on the customer, but personally, I wouldn't pay that much. There are many members here who have the ability to make those mounts very easily for significantly less money. There are also members who probably don't know which end of a screwdriver is the handle and would happily pay $60.

With that said, I do really like the location of the lights, but I wouldn't want them permanently mounted above the bed rails. Long term for my own truck, I have plans to fab up some type of mount that will use an electronic actuator to make the light pop up above the tailgate when it's turned on and then stow away below the tailgate when it's off. A light on just one side of the truck would be fine with me. This is the actuator I'd like to use and if it wasn't $500, I'd have probably already done this.

Baja Designs Light Bar Actuator :: Kartek Off Road Parts & Accessories
CLS-613505_4inActuatorTool_1.jpg

Good luck.

OP
OP
OFF-ROAD PERFORMANCE

OFF-ROAD PERFORMANCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes someone could fab a set up. But they have to buy metal even small sheet o24x24inches is around 20-22 dollars. Then the cutting cost for the sheet then cost for cutting the part. Then the blasting and powder coating. We all know spray paint is cheep and won't hold up.

D

Deleted member 12951

Yes, of course. You've got two flat pieces of relatively thin steel each with one hole in them. $20 tops if painted, $25 if powder coated.

People have to make a living.

Sent using Tapatalk