BACK AGAIN :) Austin Texas 2014 RUBY RED RAPTOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

loonibab

Reaction score
wow.. love you guys! (and gals if any) Thanks for all the compliments and welcoming me back :) This is certainly a great community. I read a lot more then I post but hopefully that will change soon! I need to get some mods going.

First thing I purchased was a hidden winch mounting bracket etc.. however I am having a hard time picking what winch I want to run and what will work, i can tell you anything about BMWs but I am still a idiot when it comes down to trucks.

I can't wait to meet some of you all in these runs.. I work 80+ Hours a week, finding time for me to do anything besides work is rare so I am definitely interested to set some time aside in the future if there is an event coming up and I get an enough notice!

Did you guys catch the YouTube videos I uploaded? Mainly of my new raptor.. it's a crappy video but I'll be buying my self a go pro soon and hopefully uploading a lot of videos, I tend to do stupid crap everywhere I go - not because I feel like I'm immature but literally I love driving this beast, I love drifting, I love drifting the raptor out of all things like jumping, crawling, etc... I'm sure there are funner things but rally driving has always been my passion -this truck was seriously meant for nothing but that passion. Like I see a cool spot like in that video and I tell my self.. ah why not you never get to, I really need to find a good spot that is LEGAL or... hidden? i don't know.. again - new to the truck scene - not an idiot but really want a damn place to drive this truck how it's meant to!

I swear, it's like out of the box ready to do whatever I desire, and she never says no! Yes I'm talking about the truck :flipthebird:

I can't get over how good it handles? Are you guys as obsessed with these things as I? How can a truck handle so well? I swear I've pulled nicer drifts in this truck off road then I've ever been able to do in any car... hence why I need a go pro and people who have the same passion as I!

I'm in South Austin my self, and see raptors ALL DAY here!!!! I'm surprised there aren't more people on this forum however the reason why I originally joined this forum was because somebody in a 2010 or 2011 black raptor (i think has bead lock replicas) who came to my shop referred me to here..

Because the line of work I am in I get a 20 - 25% discount from Ford, if you are in Austin and need anything let me know I can send you to my guy :)

Also I will have my guys at work paint the grille - I am thinking either a nice silver to match the front bumper and the lighter parts of the car or just to color match the grille with the ruby red color - any thoughts?

Also how old is everyone? I'm 25! Hopefully you all aren't old farts :p Kidding.

Is anyone from Austin doing the Texas raptor run?

Thanks again

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Welcome back. There are A LOT of Raptors here in Austin however seems most are not associated with this site.......yet. I pretty much stay south of the river so if you're in this neck of the woods we might cross paths. That M3 is sweet! I made a similar choice moving from a performance car (SRT8) to the Raptor.

Well I'm glad you know how I feel!!! As I said, I love drifting the raptor more then anything, especially on road when it rains I can get some pretty cool drifts in. Isn't it crazy how you are in a big ass truck and it feels as controllable if not more then that damn SRT8!?

You are on best damn Forum out there! Welcome. You will have to check out the Texas Raptor Run at the Texanna Ranch in April. Check the "Up coming runs and expeditions" section and the regional section. Both places will list get togethers.

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.

GPS Mount & $150 gift card from The Custom Truck Shop
November Pay It Forward Event! - Page 107 - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

I will definitely check all that out!!!!! THANK YOU!

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another Austin guy huh? :) Lots of us Raptor owners here it seems. I see quite a few out in Hill Country by me in Dripping Springs and the Bee Cave areas.

p3rs1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great.. glad to know other people do the same things as me..

I've had an '12 M3 + '04 H2, traded M3 for a '12 Raptor, then traded raptor back for an '11 M3 and I got an H2 back.. may revisit Raptor in the future again :p fun fun

oh yeah, I had a '12 300 SRT8 in there at some point as well. haha

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! We should do an Austin meet soon! Someone put it together. Doesnt have to be offroad. Just get together in a parking lot, have a few, kick some tires. Like back in my old ricer days.

2014 Rapture

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to put something together for the middle to end of february. Got a little rallyx track nearby that I am trying to get access for a weekend run around it. But start with a little car show at my dealership and the caravan out to the track to beat on the trucks alittle. I'll be in touch.

OP
OP
L

loonibab

Reaction score
yaboitrix - thanks ~ You also went with the Ruby Red? :)

DrippinRaptor - YEAH another Austin Raptor guy.. and you guys are right I always run into RAPTORS!! I'm that annoying guy who will flash and waive at you because you drive the same truck :)

Right 2014 Rapture ? - I noticed that you saw me and laughed haha

JustinBieber - Do you have pictures of yours? God as awesome as this freaking truck is don't you just miss that BMW quality? Thanks for the link - I have been questioning where I should buy parts from!

I also love the Molten orange on the Raptor, I have NEVER ran into a truck that looks so good in many different colors to where you have a hard time choosing... When I was at the dealer there was literally every color to chose from, the first time I bought a Raptor there was only one in town and I did not have the luxury of choosing (Silver - super cool color though too!). It took me an hour to decide between the white, tuxedo black, silver & ruby red

accely: GET BACK INTO THE RAPTOR YOU WONT REGRET IT!!!
It's funny - that people like us end up driving raptors.. must say something about this truck! haha

Idleone: SHIT - lets start now? LETS MEET UP AT THE NEXT CARS & COFFEE? Then maybe a hill country cruise if we can't find a place to sling some mud? What do you think Austin people?

2014 Rapture - that sounds fun man!!!!! lets do it :)