B&O Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the JLs however my Audio Mobile shallow 10s are some of the best subs I’ve heard for the money even compared to non-shallow subs. Not sure you can beat them for the price when needing shallow subs.

OP
OP
Shane361

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do the C3’s fit perfectly in the stock locations? In the dash left and right? And the pillar tweeter spots?
The C3's are a 6.5 and the hole is oval so no. You just need an adaptor plate is all, easy. The Tweeters are also larger than stock and will need an adaptor ring. Sounds Good Stereo makes them however you will need to open up the side walls of the mount to accommodate them. You will need a 48mm for the C3 tweeter if you go this route. You can do what many have done and use the zip tie with holes and cut it to size. Use the holes to screw threw to mount the tweeter. I used the stock speaker and made an adaptor plate for the 6.5's out of PVC but you can find these all over the internet. Be weary of flimsy ones. Cruise SGS's website, they are really geared towards our community and have quality products and their service and interaction with the community is 100.

thumbnail (1).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shane361

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've changed up my system a few times since I started this thread. I'm still in the process of upgrading again actually. I run Sundown Audio SALT amps and two 12" subs. All the doors are done with sound deadening and about to do the floor and backwall. Upgrading my amp rack and upgrading my sub amp and lithium bank from a 56ah to a 112ah. Slams as it is. I did buy the Gately Enclosure with four 8" Gately Relentless subs and I'd put that against any other underseat enclosure on the market. Not cheap but absolutely slams! I was running a SALT-4 at .5 ohms with great electrical so a little overkill on the power but they are 900rms each. Currently restaining that enclosure at the moment. I had restained it in this red in the picture but didn't like it. So spent a good bit of time taking it back down to wood. Waiting on some red dye from Amazon to get here to restain it. Gately Red1.jpg

OP
OP
Shane361

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice Box! I thought about doing 6 - 6 1/2" rear ported enclosure.
Thanks, This is a Gately which isn't cheap but one hell of an enclosure! I changed that box right after I posted this, lol. I wasn't happy with it because it looked more Maybeline Pink than anything. I sanded all that down and went with a Red Pepper Unicorn Tears stain. Then I sanding it back down a bit to give it a distressed, rustic feel. Now it matches the interior accents of the truck. I won't use this enclosure that much as I used my enclosure with two 12" subs more.

Here is how it turned out....
enclosure5_107939f7768d40833a3b65cef58cbdcaee7dbe10.pngenclosure1_b6af7e8f84afad09d0f80df0ca82e3c6d8204f1e.pngenclosure3_657c61090dbd4fee669208dd70a385e1f29967ba.pngenlcosure2_d1798721fffeea6373c5f86561ba55ea04066674.png

tojo9662

Reaction score
The B&O system sounds good, just not enough volume for me.
i like my Rock to Rock. I had the door speakers replaced with Rockford Fosgate, and the sub replaced with 2 12 inch RF Subs mounted in a custom Raptor box under the rear seat. All these are powered by a RF amplifier and left everything else powered by the B&O amplifier. Now my Rock Rocks. The sub box even has a raptor logo on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The B&O system sounds good, just not enough volume for me.
i like my Rock to Rock. I had the door speakers replaced with Rockford Fosgate, and the sub replaced with 2 12 inch RF Subs mounted in a custom Raptor box under the rear seat. All these are powered by a RF amplifier and left everything else powered by the B&O amplifier. Now my Rock Rocks. The sub box even has a raptor logo on it.
The B&O system in my 22 has been a bit of a dissapointment. The bass sounds too boomy for my taste and not tight at all which I like for rock music. Does taking the setting off of surround do anything for music?