B&O Unleashed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried looking for photos of what the GEN 3 looks like when you put down the backseats. Can't find a video or pic ANYWHERE. Why it has taken me 3 years of owning my 2018 Raptor to decide I want to add a better sub and amp is because I just drove in my friends GEN 2. He only dropped $750 for everything but he's got a non custom box underneath the seat and I refuse to do that. Use the seat up option way too much to be dealing with that nonsense of taking in and out. Has to go behind the seat.

Before hearing my friends I was good with the B&O. That should put into perspective I'm not looking for anything crazy. Just a solid little extra boom. Ideally I would just like to replace sub utilizing existing box and installing new amp. Call it a day. I've been told that's gonna most likely not fly. Plastic box won't hold up with a new sub. The suggestion is custom box behind back of seat and install amp on ground under middle seat with two 8" subs. I just don't think I need two 8" subs.

What I was curious to see if I could accomplish was if I get this company to build a custom box for behind drivers seat side backseat of my current GEN 2, will I be able to reuse the custom box and amp when I upgrade to GEN 3 and slap the old amp and sub back in before selling. I don't see upgrading happening for 6-12 months and it might even be another vehicle for all I know. I just can't see if the GEN 2 and 3 are identical when you pull down backseat.

Another point a friend made was if anything I'll just need to built a 2nd custom box after buying GEN 3 but I can just hear it now...that sub is not going to work with the new space of GEN 3. Start all over again. If that's the case I will wait.

My budget that I'd be comfortable with is $1,000-$1200 if I can reuse. Less than $750 if I'm gonna lose it once selling GEN 2.

Any insight out there would be greatly appreciated!
I know you want no parts of an under-seat box, but maybe consider doing (1) 12 or 13 inch sub under the passenger rear. This would maintain under-seat storage under the 60 split and sound better than the behind the seat option imo; also quick / easy to remove or swap vehicles.

Are you factoring the ZEN or other interface into your bass budget? Considering the current unit probably won't be compatible w/ Gen 3, that's added cost.

drnimrod

Reaction score
I am bored waiting for the truck. Has anyone else listened to the B&O unleashed system yet? We're kind of hit or miss on here, but seems more reviews online are leaning positive. But I am pretty excited to start cranking some tunes!
I know this is a late reply to this question, but having a couple weeks now to listen, I think my opinion is formed well enough. To put it as simply as possible, it will be great for most people. I'm not an audiophile (mostly because I don't have the money to be one), but I do know exactly how certain songs should sound (former life I spent way too much money on throwing a massive high quality system into my civic). I run tests with various genres of music (rap/hip hop, EDM, classical, 70's bands, mostly just dire straits, and alternative). They generally sound good enough, but ultimately, if you're looking for subtle sounds typically not heard with "lower end" systems, you have to KNOW they exist, else you will barely if at all hear them. Bass is enough to get by, but don't expect to get shook. Response for lower end frequencies especially at higher dB levels is poor.

All in all it's the best the B&O sound guys could do with what they were given imho

Some of the songs I use to test:
Astronaut in the Ocean - Masked Wolf
Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
In Rainbows (whole album sound whether you like them or not has some epic moments/a lot of detail) - Radiohead
Invaders Must Die - The Prodigy (a system with good bass will scramble your guts)
Brandenburg Concertos - Bach

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know this is a late reply to this question, but having a couple weeks now to listen, I think my opinion is formed well enough. To put it as simply as possible, it will be great for most people. I'm not an audiophile (mostly because I don't have the money to be one), but I do know exactly how certain songs should sound (former life I spent way too much money on throwing a massive high quality system into my civic). I run tests with various genres of music (rap/hip hop, EDM, classical, 70's bands, mostly just dire straits, and alternative). They generally sound good enough, but ultimately, if you're looking for subtle sounds typically not heard with "lower end" systems, you have to KNOW they exist, else you will barely if at all hear them. Bass is enough to get by, but don't expect to get shook. Response for lower end frequencies especially at higher dB levels is poor.

All in all it's the best the B&O sound guys could do with what they were given imho

Some of the songs I use to test:
Astronaut in the Ocean - Masked Wolf
Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
In Rainbows (whole album sound whether you like them or not has some epic moments/a lot of detail) - Radiohead
Invaders Must Die - The Prodigy (a system with good bass will scramble your guts)
Brandenburg Concertos - Bach
Appreciate the feedback! better late than never lol. Sounds like it's good enough for what I need, and coming from a base/stock 2011 Tundra I think it should probably be a huge upgrade. I haven't spent money on car audio systems since I was in high school lol and I was young and dumb back then. Excited to hear it out!

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback! better late than never lol. Sounds like it's good enough for what I need, and coming from a base/stock 2011 Tundra I think it should probably be a huge upgrade. I haven't spent money on car audio systems since I was in high school lol and I was young and dumb back then. Excited to hear it out!
Don't listen to me, I'll have you spending hard earned money. But I do love my stereo. Bad thing is it's never good enough and I change out for better but it does keep evolving. Next will be even better front stage. :)

Hertz CK 6.5 Comps(FRONT)
Sundown Audio NeoPro V3 6.5's(REAR)
Four 8" Gately Relentless Subs
Gately Enclosure
Sundown Audio SALT 200.4
Sundown Audio SALT-4 @ .5
Dayton Audio DSP
Mechman370 Alternator
Next Level Fabrications 65ah Lithium

drnimrod

Reaction score
Don't listen to me, I'll have you spending hard earned money. But I do love my stereo. Bad thing is it's never good enough and I change out for better but it does keep evolving. Next will be even better front stage. :)

Gately Enclosure
Sundown Audio SALT 200.4
Dayton Audio DSP
Mechman370 Alternator
!

OP
OP
melvimbe

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Gately Enclosure
Sundown Audio SALT 200.4
Dayton Audio DSP
Mechman370 Alternator

Is this in a Gen 3?

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this in a Gen 3?
Gen2, you could still do all this to a Gen3. It would be nice to have more holes to plug more speakers into like the Gen 3 B&O however. I would still go with a 6 speaker front stage and disable all the other speakers, do a mid bass only in the rear doors and then an underseat box for subs. Skies the limit depending on desires and funds.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gen2, you could still do all this to a Gen3. It would be nice to have more holes to plug more speakers into like the Gen 3 B&O however. I would still go with a 6 speaker front stage and disable all the other speakers, do a mid bass only in the rear doors and then an underseat box for subs. Skies the limit depending on desires and funds.
The issue with the under seat box is that there's the power inverter there. I'm trying to figure out how to upgrade everything and that's one of my sub problems.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The issue with the under seat box is that there's the power inverter there. I'm trying to figure out how to upgrade everything and that's one of my sub problems.
It's not in the way on my 2020. On my 18 I needed more room and they put it on the back wall.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
imo its definitely better than the gen 2 but as said before it lacks the clarity of the highs and mid's you'd expect in a 70k plus vehicle. Sub par. Its almost as if they know this and cap the max volume so the speakers don't start distorting. the lows can pass if the clarity of the mids and highs were a lot better. My wife's Porsche Macan has a Bose stereo with less wattage. Its hard to keep it on full volume for long and its crystal clear. Very unsatisfactory.

I want to switch everything but I am not in it much more than an hour a day so I am done spending money on stereos in my cars. ill save the money for home theatre and speakers sound system the house. get a lot more use in my case.