B&O Unleashed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully NavTV has their A2B sorted for the new gen F150's by the time the 3Gen Raptors hit the streets. I also really don't like the idea of having speakers in the headrest and the over head. With that being said though once you put in a custom sound system it would be really cool if you could repurpose the overhead speakers as the HAM/CB/race radio external speaker.
dont worry, we will make that happen

KevinW

Reaction score
i tested the new unleashed B&O yesterday.. it gets loud lol and it's rich sounding. my wife has a Jeep SRT with the Harmon kardon 19 speaker system and the B&O sounds just as good as Harmon.

I have the regular B&O in my 2020 Tremor and it's great... this coming from a Gen 1 owner with that crappy sony system haha.. but in a truck I'd think the unleashed isn't needed? but either way it's a nice system! and sync 4 is awesome.

I went by the dealership and listened to the B&O Unleashed and wasn't impressed. In my opinion, the Bose system in my previous 2017 Silverado sounded better. That's disappointing because other than noise canceling headphones, I'm not a Bose fan. Hopefully I will warm up to it or someone will find a way to upgrade it without replacing everything but the headend.

Last edited:

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am bored waiting for the truck. Has anyone else listened to the B&O unleashed system yet? We're kind of hit or miss on here, but seems more reviews online are leaning positive. But I am pretty excited to start cranking some tunes!

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound good and there is a reason why there are audio vendors here to help you guys. All those speakers don't have to be replaced for good audio but the whole system will need to be replaced for the most part.

"All those speakers don't have to be replaced for hte good audio but the whole system will need to be replaced for the most part".

WTF? lol

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"All those speakers don't have to be replaced for hte good audio but the whole system will need to be replaced for the most part".

WTF? lol
it means all the Equiment will need to be replaced ,amp ,nav tv ,subwoofer .and maybe some front components .I replaced the fronts in my 2019 ,added and amp ,nav tv ,and a sub ,and it will blow away the new raptor 19 speaker system .front speakers ,a sub ,amp will blow away any 19 speaker system .when u go to a concert the speakers r in front of u ,not over your head or behind u . same with a good home stereo ,2 speaker and a good amp .

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it means all the Equiment will need to be replaced ,amp ,nav tv ,subwoofer .and maybe some front components .I replaced the fronts in my 2019 ,added and amp ,nav tv ,and a sub ,and it will blow away the new raptor 19 speaker system .front speakers ,a sub ,amp will blow away any 19 speaker system .when u go to a concert the speakers r in front of u ,not over your head or behind u . same with a good home stereo ,2 speaker and a good amp .

I'm messing with you. I get it. Built and installed a TON of audio systems over the years. Just having some fun with you.

I'm working on building my system for my 2021 now. Trying to figure out how to keep some of the extra speakers and make them sound good vs. killing them off.

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I thought the B&O in my 20 was garbage. there was no difference between 3/4 volume and full volume. And full volume is about half way to where I think it should be. .ot in a new 21' and felt the same way.

RyanM

Reaction score
Tried looking for photos of what the GEN 3 looks like when you put down the backseats. Can't find a video or pic ANYWHERE. Why it has taken me 3 years of owning my 2018 Raptor to decide I want to add a better sub and amp is because I just drove in my friends GEN 2. He only dropped $750 for everything but he's got a non custom box underneath the seat and I refuse to do that. Use the seat up option way too much to be dealing with that nonsense of taking in and out. Has to go behind the seat.

Before hearing my friends I was good with the B&O. That should put into perspective I'm not looking for anything crazy. Just a solid little extra boom. Ideally I would just like to replace sub utilizing existing box and installing new amp. Call it a day. I've been told that's gonna most likely not fly. Plastic box won't hold up with a new sub. The suggestion is custom box behind back of seat and install amp on ground under middle seat with two 8" subs. I just don't think I need two 8" subs.

What I was curious to see if I could accomplish was if I get this company to build a custom box for behind drivers seat side backseat of my current GEN 2, will I be able to reuse the custom box and amp when I upgrade to GEN 3 and slap the old amp and sub back in before selling. I don't see upgrading happening for 6-12 months and it might even be another vehicle for all I know. I just can't see if the GEN 2 and 3 are identical when you pull down backseat.

Another point a friend made was if anything I'll just need to built a 2nd custom box after buying GEN 3 but I can just hear it now...that sub is not going to work with the new space of GEN 3. Start all over again. If that's the case I will wait.

My budget that I'd be comfortable with is $1,000-$1200 if I can reuse. Less than $750 if I'm gonna lose it once selling GEN 2.

Any insight out there would be greatly appreciated!

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it was me and waiting on a gen 3. why even spend the money now to take a chance it may or may be reusable. do it once and forget it. wait for the next vehicle