B&O Sub mounting depth and resistance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NV997tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is supposed to be delivered on Monday. I will post some then.
Please do. And a report of the sound difference. I almost pulled the trigger with them but a friend with the same sub in the “stealth box” has one for his Jeep and is not happy with the sound. This very well may be the enclosure, or that it’s in a Jeep. But before I give them $1600 I’d like to know it sounds good

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do. And a report of the sound difference. I almost pulled the trigger with them but a friend with the same sub in the “stealth box” has one for his Jeep and is not happy with the sound. This very well may be the enclosure, or that it’s in a Jeep. But before I give them $1600 I’d like to know it sounds good

Could be the fact it’s a Jeep, if it’s a soft top, then yes that plays a big factor.
Could be that he has the stealth box with a 10tw1 in it instead of the 13tw5. They make both.
Could be the sub is under powered.
Could be his is source has a factory highpass crossover that he’s not defeating.
Could be poor tuning.
Could be he is using a shallow mount sub in a Jeep where the room for a full size sub is ample. In a cabin like a Jeep, running a shallow sub is not the right application despite JL making a box for the vehicle.

The fact is, the 13tw5 is a good sub for a shallow mount environment. The 12tw3 will offer greater output, has greater xmax, can play lower, and is cheaper than the 13tw5 but that’s neither here nor there.

The reality is, you have to determine what your expectations are. If you are expecting breathtaking bass from a behind the seat enclosure, you will be disappointed. If you are expecting breathtaking bass from an under seat enclosure with one shallow sub, you will be disappointed. Before you go spend 1600 dollars, you need to go some car audio shops near you and listen to some of their setups so you can get your expectations in line. Once you figure out exactly what you want, what sounds good to you, etc, it will make this whole process much easier and worthwhile.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never say never...
For those of you that are looking for something bigger. Mobile Toys is now building single sub boxes for the JL Audio 13TW5v2-2. Mine is arriving this week!

I’ve been running one 13TW5 for a while now and it’s more than enough. 2 of them is going to be loud as hell! [emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nick71692

Reaction score
How are you guys hooking these up on the 18s...I know it isnt as easy and rip and replace like it was on the 17s with a Sony system.

I'd love to upgrade my sub overstock, nothing too crazy, just a bit more thump...already poly filled and wrapped the stock enclosure in dynamat.

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you guys hooking these up on the 18s...I know it isnt as easy and rip and replace like it was on the 17s with a Sony system.

From the F150 forum:

The sub out on the B&O amp is easily accessible and you can get the factory mate connector from Digikey. Then you can literally just disconnect the plug from the b&o sub, plug in the mate plug and run the wires from you new plug into any amp that allows high level input, run the output of your new amp to your new sub and you are done. No splicing, no soldering, no program changes or Forscan, just plug and play. If you want to go back to the b&o sub, plug it right back in.

nick71692

Reaction score
Really, thanks Chris! I was under the impression from other threads that there was another piece you had to buy, but maybe thats if you remove the B&O amp...sounds like in your scenario you dont have to.