B&O not enough any more

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp,

Thought the factory radio was good enough for a bit and like anything I have ends up not good enough. Upgrading the speakers in the truck to get a decent sound system. Just like several builds going with Focals in the front and rear. For subs going with 2 10’s from Audiomobile. Arc Audio amps and Mosconi processor. The most important part is Noah from The Car Stereo Company is flying in to instal and tune it. It’s a bit away however shooting for the first weekend in September to get installed. Can’t wait!!

Tim Madden

Reaction score
I agree. Doing same. In College Station TX at MTI Acoustics. FOCAL Utopia MOSCONI JLAUDIO ILLUSION are the components I went with. Post pics later.

OP
OP
Blown00gt

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MTI looks to do some nice builds. Will do and jealous of your Utopias. I ended up getting the K2 powered speakers.

Raptor-Dave

Reaction score
B&O sucks so bad. I have a 2012 with sony sound system and it is way better. In my 18 I ended up replacing all my speakers with Kickers and added a kicker 12" sub. The key was using Zen Audio converter. It plugs right into the stock connector coming out of the B&O head unit. Everything work and appears stock....until you turn it on. Depth is unbelievable, bass cranks! If you want more bass you can add a second sub. But one shakes the whole truck.

Christopher Manns

Reaction score
I wanna do something in my ride, but I have no idea how much I should be budgeting, I'm not an audiophile, if I play anything loud is generally Jazz type stuff (much to my kids' annoyance). I'd like to clean up the sound a bit, make it richer/fuller if that makes sense? the current B&O in the truck makes everything sound like it's either coming from the center console and is all thin and muddy, or the stage is up under the windshield and it sounds super brassy. I'd really like a sound stage that envelops me, that makes me want to look towards the back seat to see the Bass player groovin'.

OP
OP
Blown00gt

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanna do something in my ride, but I have no idea how much I should be budgeting, I'm not an audiophile, if I play anything loud is generally Jazz type stuff (much to my kids' annoyance). I'd like to clean up the sound a bit, make it richer/fuller if that makes sense? the current B&O in the truck makes everything sound like it's either coming from the center console and is all thin and muddy, or the stage is up under the windshield and it sounds super brassy. I'd really like a sound stage that envelops me, that makes me want to look towards the back seat to see the Bass player groovin'.
That’s kind of the idea for what I am trying to do. I can tell you that my initial amount I was thinking and where I got to were quite a bit different lol. Heck just to get the converter to get signal to the amps and processors retails for $550.

Reaction score
B&O sucks so bad. I have a 2012 with sony sound system and it is way better. In my 18 I ended up replacing all my speakers with Kickers and added a kicker 12" sub. The key was using Zen Audio converter. It plugs right into the stock connector coming out of the B&O head unit. Everything work and appears stock....until you turn it on. Depth is unbelievable, bass cranks! If you want more bass you can add a second sub. But one shakes the whole truck.