B&O Center Dash Speaker Blown?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mstgkillr

Reaction score
I sounds as though my B&O center dash speaker is blown. Just wondering if this is a common issues or possibly something else that I can check before bringing it in to the dealer?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m going to try my best to be @dhmcfadin to the punch here

good.

The faux center channel is just a ‘blend’ of left and right that muddies the front stage worse than without it.

When you upgrade, you won’t run a center channel anyway and you’ll be better for it.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can one disable it w/out taking the dash out?
I want to just replace door speakers, will i get better and louder sound or do i need to go all the way with amp and sub too?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed that's easy. One thing I would do in addition to the video is place a towel around the edge to help avoid scratching the plastic dash. One the speaker cover is off, you can simply unscrew the speaker out. In the Sony 2017, you don't even need to cut the speaker wire as there is harness you can detach from. I'd assume B&O is the same.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
can one disable it w/out taking the dash out?
Yes.....

I want to just replace door speakers, will i get better and louder sound
No.....

or do i need to go all the way with amp and sub too?
Yes.....

The speakers in the Raptor are not the problem. The reason our stereo sounds so poorly, is the factory amp. it is way under powered and has a bass management that removes all low frequencies when any higher volumes are attempted.

in fact. as part of my build, i replaced the factory amp at one point and had it hooked up to the stock speakers and they sounded quite decent. 10x better then with the stock amp.

sadly, the only way to truly upgrade the stock stereo is to replace it all. $2k-3k is the minimum cost to upgrade depending on how much you can do on your own.

If you are not able or willing to spend the $2k-3k required, you are just wasting money. throwing $500 at the truck with new door speakers will no fix the main problem. the amp.

good luck.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks @goblues38, just saved me a bunch of money.

I’ll take a 10x improvement to begin with, So if i just start with a decent 400-500$ amp? Is it just “plug&play” or do i need to rewire anything back to the dash/speakers?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks @goblues38, just saved me a bunch of money.

I’ll take a 10x improvement to begin with, So if i just start with a decent 400-500$ amp? Is it just “plug&play” or do i need to rewire anything back to the dash/speakers?

Sorry...it is more complicated then that.

#1 you have to buy NAV TV device to get signal to new amp $450
#2 you have to buy a new 5 channel amp $450 (minimum)

So you are looking at $900 ish just to start, then you have other things to deal with. You could do the $900 solution, but it is not something you would want to live with long term.

In reality, you need to replace it all.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry...it is more complicated then that.

#1 you have to buy NAV TV device to get signal to new amp $450
#2 you have to buy a new 5 channel amp $450 (minimum)

So you are looking at $900 ish just to start, then you have other things to deal with. You could do the $900 solution, but it is not something you would want to live with long term.

In reality, you need to replace it all.

Thank you sir.