B&O add aftermarket sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Oh man. I’d totally do that! But I already started my buy back.
That’s cold man. could’ve told me before I got 400 miles into the trip.

Oh well, since you’re going the buy back route, I guess we’re off roading somewhere.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other option is to find a reputable shop and have them do the work. You can sit back and enjoy your tunes without the headache.

Thats just it. I went to the two local ones and both shops didnt even know 2018 was different than prior years. Both shops didnt want to touch it unless I was replacing the whole system. And one of them said that fix, or whatever JL came out with, doesnt always work. And Ive seen some posts here about subs not working. And both shops would not listen to me tell them "some guys on the forum said" about anything. I tried.

Buyback? What else is wrong with your truck? And if you are doing a buyback, why would you be putting stereo equipment in it?

What do you mean what else? Clearly my flux capacitor isn't working right! I was simply testing (or trying too) an AMP for parasitic draw reasons. = )

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s cold man. could’ve told me before I got 400 miles into the trip.

Oh well, since you’re going the buy back route, I guess we’re off roading somewhere.

Oh come on. This is a hook up! You helped me out. Now Im saving you the hassle of dealing with the faulty flux capacitor! Thats a big item to fix ya know. Money dont grow on trees here. Even if they did. I would smoke them to forget where I am and feel like I was on vacation!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats just it. I went to the two local ones and both shops didnt even know 2018 was different than prior years. Both shops didnt want to touch it unless I was replacing the whole system. And one of them said that fix, or whatever JL came out with, doesnt always work. And Ive seen some posts here about subs not working. And both shops would not listen to me tell them "some guys on the forum said" about anything. I tried.

What do you mean what else? Clearly my flux capacitor isn't working right! I was simply testing (or trying too) an AMP for parasitic draw reasons. = )
where are you located?

Wayne Twombly

Reaction score
Someone would be a rockstar in my eyes if they would publish detailed info on what to do to get earth shattering bass in a 2018 B&O 802A truck without buying the freaking 800+ dollar interface. I just want to put a box under my back seat with a few JL 12 subs and add a dedicated sub amp and disconnect the B&O sub but leave everything else alone. If I needed one of those dial things to adjust the bass that would be OK but I don't want to f up the other tech like the noise cancelling or alert sounds in the truck.
I am just doing an update. If you take out the factory amp you have to buy the zen ab module. If not use the sub signal. Get something that controls the bass roll off. My system was all replaced. Its many times louder , clearer , and mirror shaking bass. 20180926_184340.jpg

Steven Vaccaro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please forgive my audio uograde inexperience. I've had several f150s, 2011, 2013 Raptor and now 2018 raptor. The radio systems are getting worse. But the 2018 seems to only lack sound from the rear. Is there a way to just add a new rear seat sub box, instead of an entire system?

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please forgive my audio uograde inexperience. I've had several f150s, 2011, 2013 Raptor and now 2018 raptor. The radio systems are getting worse. But the 2018 seems to only lack sound from the rear. Is there a way to just add a new rear seat sub box, instead of an entire system?

Yes. Look at the 4th post in this thread. You can also do a search/look through the first couple of pages of this subforum...you can add a new driver to the existing sub, add a new driver and amp it, or replace the entire sub enclosure with a unit like those from Mobile Toys. The B&O in the 18s has a very heavy front bias...you're not going to get much volume from the rear 6.5s unless you do a full re-do with something like the NAV-TV controller and then amps. Good luck.

Last edited: