B&O add aftermarket sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You put a 2 ohm speaker wired in parallel to an amp that cannot handle a 1 ohm load. Dual 2 ohm voice coils wired in parallel = 1 ohm final impedance. Of course it won’t sound right and of course you are clipping at half volume. The resistance is too low for the stock amp to handle.

And even when you do get the impedance correct, once again, the volume of the b&o enclosure is still unknown so for you to just stick a 8” sub in there and expect a quality sound is literally like shooting in the dark. The odds are stacked against you.

This is FRF, not a sound lab.

I believe the ’17 Sony was a single voice coil and wouldn’t be surprised if the ‘18+ b&o is as well. That said, I believe the F150 community; it’s in my ‘added a sub’ thread did the swap using both the kicker and pioneer without the clipping reported on the 18. I think the signal was previously identified as the issue with adding a sub to the ’18.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both the Sony and b&o are dual voice coil. I’ve had both systems.

If you wire in series, you will be fine or if you pick a sub with a higher impedance, that can work too. But dual 2 in parallel is too low.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help DH and Smurf. I returned everything and went back to stock. This is just too much of a PITA. God I hate this truck.

Everything about this dam truck is a PITA.

Anyways, you two are both WAY cool and I sincerely thank you both and the community.

But Ford and this stereo and eat a big fat _ _ _ K.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
This is just too much of a PITA. God I hate this truck.
Damn. I hate to hear of someone having to tough out living with a vehicle they don’t like...

I’ll give you $500 cash for it. I’ll even come pick it up.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
My bid is $1000 hard cold cash! I will come pick it up tonight before Smurf and DH even know what happened...

pfft. Already on my way. The only question is, which one of you losers is going to arrive 2nd. :p

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other option is to find a reputable shop and have them do the work. You can sit back and enjoy your tunes without the headache.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn. I hate to hear of someone having to tough out living with a vehicle they don’t like...

I’ll give you $500 cash for it. I’ll even come pick it up.

Oh man. I’d totally do that! But I already started my buy back.