B&O add aftermarket sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruth

Reaction score
Greetings. I did a sub on my 2015 non Sony system and the bass had roll off as you turned up the volume so I used an Audio Control lC2i.

I now have a 2018. Does anyone know if the B&O system rolls the bass off going to the subwoofer? It doesn't seem like it does (or at least as drastic).

Thanks!

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to add a sub to a 18 with 802A?

Yup. The factory sub and sub channel wiring is easily accessible from behind the drivers side rear seat. The plug is green. You can order the mating Molex plug for the b&o sub plug from DigiKey. This allows the entire system to be plug and play with no splicing of the factory harness. It also allows you revert back to stock in minutes if you decide to remove the system or sell the truck. Obviously you will still need to run power and ground to amp.Then you can use that mating plug to build a sub-out harness to run into any amp that allows for high-level input. If you want to curb the factory eq roll-off, using something like an AudioControl lc2i.

M3LELENA

Reaction score
Yup. The factory sub and sub channel wiring is easily accessible from behind the drivers side rear seat. The plug is green. You can order the mating Molex plug for the b&o sub plug from DigiKey. This allows the entire system to be plug and play with no splicing of the factory harness. It also allows you revert back to stock in minutes if you decide to remove the system or sell the truck. Obviously you will still need to run power and ground to amp.Then you can use that mating plug to build a sub-out harness to run into any amp that allows for high-level input. If you want to curb the factory eq roll-off, using something like an AudioControl lc2i.
Thanks !! do you have a part # to share. ?

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks !! do you have a part # to share. ?

I have part numbers for the rest of the harness as I have replaced the entire b&o amp and don’t need that plug. As far as the green sub plug, email [email protected] with a couple pictures of the green plug and tell them you want the mating plug. They will respond pretty quickly. With Monday being a holiday, I would say you will get a part number by Wednesday.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have part numbers for the rest of the harness as I have replaced the entire b&o amp and don’t need that plug. As far as the green sub plug, email [email protected] with a couple pictures of the green plug and tell them you want the mating plug. They will respond pretty quickly. With Monday being a holiday, I would say you will get a part number by Wednesday.

What did you replace with? Did you change your speakers?

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed the B&O amp and replaced the entire system with the following:
NavTV Zen a2b replacement interface
Helix dsp pro mk2
AudioControl 6.1200
AudioControl 4.800
AudioControl 1.1500
Front tweeters- Morel mt120’s
Front mids- Morel cdm600’s
Front woofers- Morel TIW 634 ft titanium’s
Rear doors- Morel Tempo Ultra Integra 602’s
Subs- 3 12” Stereo Integrity MK V’s
Full floor, ceiling, rear cab and door sound treatment- second skin vibration dampening and closed cell foam
Custom vapor barriers
The list goes on and on

Wayne Twombly

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of doing my 18 raptor speakers and amps upgrades. . I'm thinking if I can run from the factory amp into my high level inputs on my amps I'll run a 4 channel and a mono block. Both amps have high level inputs . Does anyone have any input ?

Equipment :

Skar tx69
Skar tx65
Skar tweets
Skar lp-80.4
Skar lp-1000.1
Skar vd12 dual 4ohm . X2 Gonna be 1ohm load.
Ground shaker dual 12 sealed box down fire.

So , after getting no extra knowledge. I'll say I used 3 lc2i boxes after the factory amp. Turned off fake engine noise . Ran tweets to front doors.
Sounds many times better than stock. No ill effect as of yet.

Last edited:

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed the B&O amp and replaced the entire system with the following:
NavTV Zen a2b replacement interface
Helix dsp pro mk2
AudioControl 6.1200
AudioControl 4.800
AudioControl 1.1500
Front tweeters- Morel mt120’s
Front mids- Morel cdm600’s
Front woofers- Morel TIW 634 ft titanium’s
Rear doors- Morel Tempo Ultra Integra 602’s
Subs- 3 12” Stereo Integrity MK V’s
Full floor, ceiling, rear cab and door sound treatment- second skin vibration dampening and closed cell foam
Custom vapor barriers
The list goes on and on

Damn that must sound good.