B&M Magnum Grip Shift Handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Proflyer

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice write-up!! Thanks for taking the time to document the install process. Do you recommend this mod?

Thinking of installing it on my Raptor....
I like it. I was thinking about getting a stock carbon fiber one, but spending close to $300 for the same thing more or less seemed like a bit much. This shifter is smaller than the stock one, but I like it. Has a great feel to it being all aluminum, the trigger to shift has a nice feel to it, and the buttons are short and crisp. Overall happy with it, and it's just shy of $200 shipped which I like. Feels like more of an upgrade in comparison to just swapping out the finish of the stock one. Also, the sides come off so you could have those cerakoted to a color of your choice if you wanted.

Stitch1618

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Proflyer - Sorry was out and didn't see the question posted right away. But i see looking at the great writeup with excellent pics, all turned out great ! The more you use it the less you want to miss it. Like the feel a lot. I have made some small engraved signs for the Up fitter Switches and also a "TOW" one i will place near the switch - hard to find otherwise later :) - have a great weekend - don't spend to much time under the Raptor ;)

gsxraptor

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread but I just found this and it looks awesome! How heavy is the shifter? I have the CF shifter and kinda disappointed how light and flimsy it feels. Does this shifter have much side to side play? Also are the buttons clicky?

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread but I just found this and it looks awesome! How heavy is the shifter? I have the CF shifter and kinda disappointed how light and flimsy it feels. Does this shifter have much side to side play? Also are the buttons clicky?

It is quite heavy as it is solid metal. No side to side play. I dont find the buttons clicky, they are a soft rubber momentary switch. It also relocates your tow haul button to a momentary button in the cubby.

OP
OP
Proflyer

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is quite heavy as it is solid metal. No side to side play. I dont find the buttons clicky, they are a soft rubber momentary switch. It also relocates your tow haul button to a momentary button in the cubby.
I agree. I love it. Everyone that gets in my truck comments on how well made it is. The service writer at my dealer liked it so much he ordered one for his, and he has a CF package as well. He sold his CF one on ebay for more than the cost of the B&M! Nick at Apollo Optics got it to me for slightly under MSRP shipped. Hit him up. Nick@Apollo-Optics

gsxraptor

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm not sure I have that tow/haul button (mine is a 2019 model). I may pick this up and post my stock CF shifter for sale here on the forums. Are there any other options for replacement shifters out on the market for our trucks? Didn't find much from a quick search. I would have though a truck as popular as the F150 would have a ton of aftermarket options available.

OP
OP
Proflyer

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm not sure I have that tow/haul button (mine is a 2019 model). I may pick this up and post my stock CF shifter for sale here on the forums. Are there any other options for replacement shifters out on the market for our trucks? Didn't find much from a quick search. I would have though a truck as popular as the F150 would have a ton of aftermarket options available.
You should have some button on the stock shifter other than the + and - buttons to manually shift. I think it may say DM? Not sure, my 18 it's the TOW button (which I've used once, so I don't mind it being in the cubby).

I haven't seen any others, and if there were others I'm sure someone would have tried one by now.

gsxraptor

Reaction score
I'll take a closer look but I didn't recall seeing a button on my shifter other than the +/- buttons. Well more options or not this one is dope and I think I am sold on it. I will contact the guy to get quote for one.

gsxraptor

Reaction score
Just confirmed, I do not have any other buttons on my shifter other than the +/- buttons on the left side...would that be an issue for me? Also can anyone comment on the ergonomics of the shifter and the buttons? I tent to keep my forearm on the center console with my hand resting on top of the shifter (habit from my manual trans days)